close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question on Stages/Divisions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rpgman, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

I was wondering if someone could provide the answer to my question.

I've read the newest Glock Report several times (I have it on PDF on my Desktop at work, lol) and I can't seem to find the answer.

If I'm going to shoot three divisions (Civilian/Sub/Master), with 3 different guns, G17 for Civilian, G27 for Sub, and G34 for Master, when I shoot my first stage, let's say Civilian, and I go through it 3 times, after I'm done, do I have to shoot my other Divisions right after?

Maybe I missed it in the Glock report, but I've been thriough that 4 times if not more.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Noponer

Noponer

Yes, you usually shoot all your divisions while at a particular stage. For the "5 to Glock" stage, for example, you would shoot 3 times, then 3 more, then 3 more. Same for the "Glock M" stage. However, for "Glock the Plates", you shoot 4 times for each division.

Typically, you are allowed to shoot only 2 divisions while at the firing line, & have to wait for a few more shooters to shoot before you can shoot again. However, if the stage is not too crowded with shooters, you may be allowed to shoot all 3 divisions while at the firing line.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

You can shoot it any way you want to. :supergrin:

There is a rule that if you have more than two entries, you can shoot two, then you get off the line and let someone else shoot their one or two, then you can come back and shoot your third entry and you are done with that stage entirely. :cool:

The one exception is for people who have three entries only. Then, if no one objects, you can shoot all three back to back to back and be done. :cool:

You cannot shoot a G-34 in "Master". Maybe you meant to say "Competition"? :dunno:

In Competition, Amateurs and Masters shoot for different prize sets so the Masters do not take the Amateurs money. :supergrin:

The same can not be said for "MasterStock". "MasterStock" is the traditional Master's equivilent of "Civilian" and "Guardian", from which the Masters are barred.

Masters are pretty much guaranteed to take 1st/2nd/3rd in "MasterStock" so pretty much all any Amateur is doing shooting there is buying a lottery ticket towards one of the random awards.

And improving the 1st/2nd/3rd place awards for the Masters, of course! :supergrin:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

oh, yes I meant "Competition", sorry.

wow, shooting 2 divisions in a row is kinda tough on me.

Heck, if the weather holds up the way it's been in South Carolina, I'll be soaked, after the first stage.

I'll need to bring plenty of extra shirts....it's been in the upper 90's in South Carolina for weeks.

So, I'll guess I'll shoot 2 in a row, then move away. Do I need to go to the back of the line after the first 2?

Or, can I just shoot one, then my 2nd, then my third, or is that frowned upon or even allowed?
    Greg

5. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

oh, forget to add...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    the reason I'm asking is because I have severe RA (Rheumatoid Athritis) and I get kinda sore and tired at times.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    you wouldn't know by just looking at me.<o:p></o:p>
    I'm 50, in pretty good shape for 50, but the RA does FLARE up on occasions, especially if I'm doing something repetitive.<o:p></o:p>
    Greg<o:p></o:p>

6. SARDG

SARDG

Again (at each stage), after shooting 2 Divisions, barring any hostile objections from other shooters, you may be allowed to shoot your third immediately. OR, after two, you may wait for a few shooters and remain on that squad and shoot your third, OR shoot one or two Divisions at a stage and then go away and re-squad at your liesure. If you have 3 Divisions, you can re-squad at each stage 3 times if you wish - and rest in between. The problem is, the 'rest in between' could be an hour or 2 or 3 as each time you squad it takes extra time. If it's hot out, just hanging around resting could kill ya' - therefore, most folks try to shoot up to 3 Divisions at once at each stage - then rest briefly between stages while you are being squaded at the next stage.

Any of this make sense?

7. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

sure does, thanks...

I guess I'll do the 2, then hang around in the squad and do the 3rd.
    It'll give my hands and arms a little rest at least.

thanks for the info.
    Greg

8. SARDG

SARDG

RA or not, I would still squad for 3 Divisions at each stage. If you only shoot 1 or 2 Divisions at a stage and feel you need a rest, just tell the RO and they'll 'un-squad' you. Rest and come back and re-squad later. Depending on the crowd and the ROs though, be prepared to spend lots of your time squading. For 3 Divisions and 3 stages, with separate squading, you would have to wait in line and hang around the stage 9 (nine) times.

9. SARDG

SARDG

I think for what you describe, that would be the way to go. If issues arise, un-squad thyself and return later.

EDIT:Once you check-in and sqaud, you have to hang around the stage to be called.

10. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

yep, ur right...

squad for 3, shoot the first 2, then wait for the 3rd and if I get tired or I'm hurting, 'un-squad', if necessary...thern 're-squad'.

got ya,
    thanks,
    Greg

11. SARDG

SARDG

Another thing... when you arrive at the stage setups, go to each stage and sign your name on the sheet, then go to one and be checked off to be squaded and shoot. After your name is checked off, you gotta hang to be called. They should squad about 8 shooters at a time, take your stickers, and put them on a scoresheet. Once you have your stickers on a sheet you MUST hang and wait at the stage.

12. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Got ya!

Just another question or two, since this will be my first match, and thanks for the info so far.

I'll be bringing my wife and 2 children, ages 11 and 13. All of them MUST have ear and eye protection, right? I would think so and was planning on it. Just asking to be sure.

And, I should write on the score sheet what division it's for, so I can see how well I did afterwards.

Greg

13. SARDG

SARDG

Yes, no one will force you to shoot that third if you're not up to it. Who knows... that 95 degree, 90% humidity South Carolina climate may invigorate you! :supergrin:

Good luck at the match.

14. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

thanks,
    yea, that's usually good for RA...lol. The heat.

but, I know one thing, I'll be soaking wet after my first stage, lol.

so, I'll be bringing plenty of extra shirts and towels and Baseball Caps.
    Greg

15. SARDG

SARDG

Yes, if your family is anywhere near the firing line (which I assume they will be, watching you) they need eyes and ears. There has been some talk lately of richochets of lead and jackets so... Sometimes there is a sign saying something like "Eye and Ear Protection Required Beyond This Point". But not always. I've never been to Columbia.

And yes, your 'sticker' will go with the original scoresheet so you need to scrible which division it was on your copy or you'll get home and won't know which was which. Be certain to hang on to those to check your scores with the prelims.

16. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Also realize.... you won't shoot the first division and IMMEDIATELY shoot your second. The R.O. and score keeper (and you obviously) will need to walk out and score/paste the targets. And quite often there are multiple stages setup in one bay area, so you might even have to wait for someone else to finish before walking out. Typically there's an easy 3-4 minutes between shooting them. That might be sufficient time to loosen/stretch your muscles and joints.

However... on the plate racks there is no scoring/pasting, they just yank the rope and pull the plates back up. And you also shoot 4 strings instead of 3. That is really the stage where you'd want some time between entries.

17. SARDG

SARDG

Yes, I get one RO shirt the first day... by the end of the day that thing could stand in the corner by itself so I bring an extra one with me to wear on day two. Ladies don't sweat so I don't know what that is!

18. SARDG

SARDG

Thanks Ron. It's hard to think of, and tell everything to a new shooter and this stuff just doesn't become real clear until you've done it. Even then, I am often confused... :rofl:

'Kitty' :)

19. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

lol, that's what my wife and daughter say...ladies don't sweat!

so, if I have 8 17+1 mags for the G17 and G34, I'll fill each one with 11 rounds each, right? And, I'll be able to shoot those first and only have to reload for each stage. That will give me 3 mags each for the G17 and G34 with one extra for each, except for the Glock the plates.

I also have 4 15+1 mags for the G27, so I'll have 11 rounds each in them for every stage and I'll reload between staages. And, it'll give me one extra mag. except for the clock the plates.
    Greg

20. SARDG

SARDG

Those paragraphs are essentially correct. But I don't believe I can stand to go into the virtues of loading 10 or loading 11 or using a Barney mag. etc. - but loading to 11 can work. It doesn't matter how I do it, it only matters how you feel more comfortable doing it.