Question on locked threads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by fuzzy03cls, Mar 3, 2010.

1. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Hello,

I understand that threads that don't belong in a forum can be frustrating. I'm curious why those threads are not moved to the correct forum for continued discussion as opposed to being locked & ended.
    I see all these locked posts some I posted in & no explanation as to why it's locked. I can only assume it's in the wrong section.

Thanks

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

The Mods WERE moving posts, a LOT of them, and have been doing so for quite a while. It wasn't fixing the problem; I think it may have been getting worse.

The totality of the problem, even after the site owner pointed it out and asked folks to stop, was such that the Moderators and Admin folks were spending way too much of their very limited time trying to keep certain forums on-topic. Some people simply weren't responding, because they wanted to post in higher-traffic areas, or for other reasons. The locking of the off-topic posts is the quickest way to deal with the problem AND try to get the point across to everyone to think about location and relevance before posting.

3. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

that's cool, I was just wondering.
    thanks