close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question on installing T.H.E. guide rod and ISMI recoil spring

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 21Glock, Jan 30, 2010.

1. 21Glock

21Glock

I just got my T.H.E. SS guide rod and 22lb. recoil spring for my 21SF. I installed the washer behind the retaining bolt at the end of the guide rod with the spring installed.

I am stuck at this point, as the rod with the spring attached will not go into place into the lug under the barrel. I know this is a stiffer spring than the stock spring, but I don't want to damage anything by trying to force it in place.

I am guessing that this washer may not required on the ISMI recoil springs and was included for installing Wolff springs on this guide rod, as the stock guide rod with the polymer, attached retaining bolt does not have a washer behind it and it appears to be, of course, the same diameter as the T.H.E. retaining bolt. I didn't notice any instructions in the packaging, either
    I may have solved my situation here, but I just wanted to check with those who have installed this guide rod and spring on the 21 for any pointers.

Thanks.

2. JBP55

JBP55

I use the LWD SS guide rods in Glocks with ISMI springs and do not use a washer. I have not used T.H.E. guide rods.

3. 21Glock

21Glock

Sorry for the confusion. Correction on my last post. Please refer to message, title missing guide rod after T.H. E.

Thanks.

4. 21Glock

21Glock

I just took the plastic washer off. I'll try that and see how it works. Hopefully will be OK. I'll let you know.
    Thanks.

5. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Don't double post next time. Report thread or send me a PM and we will clean it up.

6. 21Glock

21Glock

I'll just contact the mfg. on Monday and see what they say about the installation.

7. 21Glock

21Glock

Delete both posts, if you want.

8. 21Glock

21Glock

OK, Top Glock is closed until Monday and I can't find the address or web address for T.H.E. Accessories.
    From what I can tell, I would put the spring on the T.H.E. guide rod first and push it through the hole on the bottom of the slide and and then attach the plastic washer and retaining screw when the rod is protruding from the slide. I can see how the plastic washer would dampen any battering on the slide from the retaining screw. I just don't want to screw up and damage anything by doing something this is wrong.
    Any T.H.E. guide rod users who can help me with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

9. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

10. JetDoc68

JetDoc68

I have the T.H.E guide rod with ISMI spring on my G35. Mine has the black washer just behind the allen head screw as you described. I'd try to angle the spring so that it is just above the barrel lug and try to compress enough for the guide rod to slide into the little half moon cutout on the barrel. I've had this set-up for about three years now and never a problem.

11. 21Glock

21Glock

It appears the retaining screw head on the guide rod is too big fit through the hole and cycle at the bottom of the slide once the guide rod assembly is set up like the factory set-up . I don't know if the 21SFs have a slightly smaller guide rod and hole and retaining screw in compared to the regular 21s.
    I am using a Lone Wolf barrel, maybe the T.H.E. is not the one to use with the ISMI spring, maybe the Lone Wolf SS guide rod is the one to go with.
    Thanks.