close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question on GSSF website

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 9mmdude, Sep 8, 2002.

1. 9mmdude

9mmdude

One of the new survey questions on the GSSF website is if you would consider the purchase of a Practical/Tactical .45 Glock with a single stack magazine. Is that a hint of the newest Glock?

Steve

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

YES! Smyrna has requested a .45acp built on the G22 frame with a 5 inch barrel. Ammo capacity is unknown at this time, but Smyrna is hoping for at least a 9+1.

3. Nukem

Nukem

Is it possible on the G22 frame? Regardless, they build a single stack as described and I'll buy it!!

4. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

Not to be smart, but if Smyrna has already asked Glock to build it, why do they care what any of us think about it? Are they going to withdraw their request if everyone says they don't like the idea?

5. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

9mm Dude,

Thank's for the tip........They've been ruminating about that for over 2 yrs. {& not only in .45}, FWIW. Wouldn't get rid of the 21 but
    sure would like to get one to replace the 36. They need to do their homework though or at least copy Wilson's KZ and make it as THIN as a real 1911 instead of a true "plastic" single-stack {like the 36}.

6. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Even though I am a 9mm enthusiast I would love a single stack full size .45. I hope they offer both the practical/tactical model and a no-frills 17/22 size .45.

To me offering a practical/tacitcal without a plain jane cousin would be like having a glock 34 without the 17 model.

Steve