Question on divisions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ezterra, May 5, 2007.

1. ezterra

ezterra

I just moved out to Eglin AFB with the Army from Boise, ID, and I just found out that there is a GSSF match in Pensacola in November. I've always wanted to shoot, but never managed to get to one. Anyway, I wanted to get some info on the divisions. From the definition of master, it sounds like I have to shoot master. Can someone clarify?

I placed 2nd out of 3 in CDP expert at the Idaho State IDPA match in 2006. Although that isn't the 25th percentile, I did have the 10th best score (if I recall correctly) out of 60 some shooters, disregarding divisions and classifications. And that would put me inside the 25th percentile. So would I shoot amateur because I was not in the 25th percentile within my division/classification, or would I shoot master because I was in the 25th percentile if you disregard divisions/classifications?

Thanks,
    Ezterra

2. ede

ede

you'd shoot master if you place in the top 25% of a major shooting compertition, according to the rule book. it doesn't say what a major shooting competition is. i'd call GSSF and ask just to be sure.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Ezterra

Send me a PM.

Dan:cool:

PS: I'm the Match Director for the Pensacola GSSF match.