Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering participating in the North Carolina matches in November. When I purchased my G30 I had the dealer install a 3.5lb connector, not Glock brand.

Do I have to remove it? How would they know if it's Glock or not or even that one is installed?

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well, your can legally shoot it in the Unlimited division-but that's it. Look, it's kind of an honor and trust thing. GSSF doesn't tear down each gun to inspect for compliance-the rules are there to establish a level playing field within each division. GSSF is intended to be a relatively low-key, shooter and family-friendly event, where for the most part participants are limited to Glock guns with Glock components, without the specter of an equipment race (the exception being in the Unlimited division). As in most things in life, things for the most part are self-policing.

Here's my suggestion: Prior to shooting, go to the Glock Armorer, explain the problem, and he'll replace the offending part with a stock 5.5 lb connector, at no charge (or do it before the match on your own). That way you can compete in any Division you desire. Or just shoot in Unlimited, as it is...

Best, Jon

·
Registered
168 Posts
In my experience the GSSF equipment rules are enforced largely on the honor system.
There's not a match official designated to examine your pistol - unless you take it to the on-site Glock armorer.

·
5,227 Posts
In my experience the GSSF equipment rules are enforced largely on the honor system.
There's not a match official designated to examine your pistol - unless you take it to the on-site Glock armorer.
First let me say welcome to GSSF. It's a great family friendly sporting venue.

That is usually the case However it has been known to happen. And now that so many know what you have the shooters self policing could take place. Why not just play by the rules so you wouldn't have to worry. Afterall GSSF Matches are not the type where you make a living and therefore bend the rules as far as possible.

Just my thoughts. All my Glocks except for my Unlimited Glock have all stock Glock parts except for some light polishing and Heinie Sights which are authorized in all divisions. Several of us here locally will also be attending the North Carolina Match in November. Hope to see you there.

Don

·
Registered
304 Posts
There is a stock Glock 3.5 connector and it's probably just as good (although twice the price) of the aftermarket 3.5s

·
5,227 Posts
There is a stock Glock 3.5 connector and it's probably just as good (although twice the price) of the aftermarket 3.5s

Check out Glockmeister for Stock Glock 3.5 connectors for $15.00 each through 31 Aug.2008 or supplies last. Doubt the after markets are cheaper than that.

Don

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well they just reduced the price to 15 from $25. Glockparts.com is $12.95.

·
5,227 Posts
Well they just reduced the price to 15 from $25. Glockparts.com is $12.95.

Be advised that the Glockparts.com $12.95 connector you refer to is made by Lone Wolfe NOT Glock. Their price for a Glock OEM 3.5 lb. connector is $19.95. I just double checked their web site. They also carry the Ghost connector.

Be sure to look for Glock OEM Parts for your stock Glocks.

Don

·
Registered
27,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there information somewhere on how to change out a connector? And, what the heck is a .25 trigger job?

Thanks!

John

·
5,227 Posts
Is there information somewhere on how to change out a connector? And, what the heck is a .25 trigger job?

Thanks!

John
John, try to due a search here for .25 trigger job. There used to be a full set of instructions with pics but not sure if it is still around. Might also check www.glockmeister.com, he has been know to have same info. The .25 trigger job is nothing more than some polishing in certain locations to make the trigger pull smoother. Try the same on changing the connector. If you get a chance go to www.midwayusa.com, www.dillonprecision.com or www.ptooma.com and look for a spiral book called "The Complete Glock Reference Guide". It sells for about $25 but it will give you a step by step pictures and words on all this stuff. You will find it's the absolute best reference book to learn everything about your Glock on the market.

Don

·
Registered
27,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I gave in and ordered the 'tuned' Glock connector from Vanek. Now I have to find some wider rear sights..

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.