Question from new member

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by carson84, Jun 14, 2020.

1. carson84

carson84

Hi. I just joined the GSSF and am looking forward to shooting my first match (looks like it'll be Talladega). I currently have a g45 mos with a red dot that I'll be shooting in the unlimited class. I've been thinking about getting a 43x for a new daily and to shoot the stock class with. Now, my question - if I get the 43x, I'll want to cc it with the Shield Arms s15 mag. Shield Arms recommends swapping the polymer mag catch/release with their metal one since their metal mags will wear through the polymer in about 1k rounds. I know I can't compete with the SA mags but will the catch/release keep me out of the stock class? Thanks

2. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Technically, yes. But since it won't present a competitive advantage, and few ROs would ever notice it anyway, shouldn't be a problem.

In my estimation, your bigger problem is the aluminum catch wearing on your stock poly mags when you use those. Glock designs wear points as metal to metal or poly to poly for a reason.

I shoot my 43x (which I am currently shooting better than my 17), in Master Stock, Glock Girls, and Subcompact. It's also my Indoor GSSF Stock gun. I've even used it for SCSA Production.

PM720 and carson84 like this.

3. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

My suggestion: Don't try to improve on Perfection!

FillYerHands, larry_minn and SARDG like this.
  4. james_joshua

james_joshua

I have a 48 and carry the Shield S15 magazines. I also use the aluminum magazine release with the S15's. My plan for my next match is to swap out the magazine release a day or two before the match and carry with the stock 10 round magazines. Then it's within the stock glock rules, and I can compete with no issues.

carson84 likes this.