close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for you vinyl inground pool owners

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Ersatz, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ersatz

Ersatz

Having a new liner put in on the inground pool that "came" with the house I wanted. Noticed tonight while its filling that its not sitting flush against the "corners" of the sloped sides and the vertical sides--the sloped sides being the transition between the horizontal bottom and the vertical sides. The best way to describe it is that the vinyl is pulled taught such that it is curved.

Is this a problem I should address with the installer immediately, ie. bad fitting, or is it an intentional thing that is done to let the weight of the water stretch the liner flush with all surfaces? :dunno:

Thanks for your help!

2. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

I installed one of those before and the Company said it is to give it a little leeway.
    The one I installed had stairs and gave them precise measurements and had to wait six weeks. I think you will have problem if it is to tight. Lot of water presure.

3. Minnow

Minnow

My parents had one when I was a kid, but i remember it doing the same thing every time we filled it. It'll flatten out when it fills up. I also remember that the liner was very susceptible to damage by use of chemicals. Don't let any powdered chlorine set on the bottom for very long as it will eat a hole in your liner.

4. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

It's supposed to stretch out to fit the wall-floor-corner transitions when/after it's full, keeps from having folds and wrinkles in those trouble areas.

The corners, depending on the type ordered, will possibly have a gap/space (spongy area) between the liner and the wall above the water line, that's normal.

Hopefully they stayed until it at least had water in the shallow end and worked out all the wrinkles and folds in the floors... The liner, below the water level, will be tight as a fiddle string after filling.

If it really looks troublesome you should have them come take another look before you continue filling.

Enjoy, the late night swims are great! :drowning: