Question for the Colorado Glockers

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ZRT650, Feb 4, 2010.

1. ZRT650

ZRT650

I am a california resident and I am really wanting the GEN4 Glock 22. However the only problem is that because it is not on our list of approved firearms the only way I can legally obtain one is through a private party transfer.

With this being said I have a friend who is a Colorado resident and who I will be helping move (I am flying there and we are driving back) this coming May. This meaning that once the gun is in state I would be able to legally purchase and own the gun if I purchase the gun from my friend My friend is not really into guns so he is not aware of the gun laws in colorado so this is where I need help.

Question 1: What is the waiting period for a handgun purchase? Is it walk-in walk-out?

Question 2: Where is the GSSF participating dealer in Colorado (In order to get the best deal I will be having him sign up for GSSF so that he can obtain an annual pistol purchase certificate)?

Question 3: If there is more than one dealer which one is closest to Boulder?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. tank mechanic

tank mechanic

3. jilverthor

jilverthor

Partial answer,

There is no waiting period in CO. Once you pass the background check you are done. As for the other two parts, I do not have an answer for you.

4. FrogWithAGlock

FrogWithAGlock Girl with a Gun

So you want him to buy the gun, specifically to sell it to you after you get back to CA?:wow:

Sorry, not touching that one.

5. ZRT650

ZRT650

yes it is 100% legal as long as it does not have fully assembled standard capacity magazine-- We can have them as rebuild kits for out of state use. It is also 100% legal for him to purchase the gun bring it to california. It is once the gun is in state that I can then purchase it from him regardless of it not being an approved pistol.

So as per this background check is this something that is done on the spot or will he need to do anything prior to start the process

6. G-31

G-31 .357 Sig

The wait is about 10 minutes on a good day, I've seen it up to 45 though. Can't help you with the other two but I have a dealer here who sells guns for $10 more than he gets them in for if you stop by Junction.

7. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

As far as I can tell there is only one dealer.

Neve's Uniforms
    5120 Osage St., Suite 200
    Denver, CO 80221
    303-455-7000

I suggest giving them a call.

8. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink Semper Fidelis

He will need to fill out the usual paperwork, but he won't need to do anything prior. It is done while you wait.

9. BuffaloXJ

BuffaloXJ

(dang, ninja'd on the dealer)

Not that I am condoning this, as it seems rather sketchy (illegally acquiring a firearm). However, to answer your questions:

Question 1: Waiting period is relatively walkin/walkout. Like said above, it can take up to an hour if the system is slow. But it's not that bad.

Question 2: The GSSF Dealer is Neve's Uniforms (http://www.nevesuniforms.com/) located in Denver. They are the only Colorado dealer that accepts the GSSF certs (as I understand it, just because a dealer sells LE Glock stuff, doesn't mean they can accept the GSSF certs). It took me 3 weeks to get my GSSF cert, and that was with me emailing in my membership form AND you have to write on the form that you would like them to send you a purchase certificate as well.

Question 3: See question 2.

10. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

I understand some of the concern in here. Keep in mind that isn't a pure straw purchase, in the sense of OP having his friend buy the gun because OP is legally prohibited. It's also my understanding, and OP correct me if I'm wrong, that private transfers have to go through an FFL in Kalifornia. So, we don't have to necessarily worry about a criminal getting a pistol. I see this as a legal side door around some really dumb laws.

11. perkins3120

perkins3120

hey i know this guy he is way cool if your refeering to "a pawn shop"