Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Firm member
30,252 Posts
While that tire looks backwards, it is mounted correctly. It is however, a completely inappropriate tire for pavement-only riding. Always follow the rotation arrows unless it's the front of a trike. There, you can counter-rotate with no ill effects for longer wear. HH

ETA: This only applies for a new tire. Turning a tire around after it has been run in one direction for any length of time will end poorly.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
just like a tractor tire. pushes the wet and muck out

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
While that tire looks backwards, it is mounted correctly. It is however, a completely inappropriate tire for pavement-only riding. Always follow the rotation arrows unless it's the front of a trike. There, you can counter-rotate with no ill effects for longer wear. HH

ETA: This only applies for a new tire. Turning a tire around after it has been run in one direction for any length of time will end poorly.

^^^^This^^^^

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,615 Posts
Looks right to me

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,745 Posts
50 years aboard motorcycles tells me that the cute front fender in the OP would be an unbelievable nuisance in the rain! If you like water and road crap thrown in your face...… perfect!

The Indian fender in post #8 has the right idea!

Flash

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
While I obviously trust the tire manufacturers to know what they're doing, I've wondered this too. Still wondering. The only thing I can figure is that it would channel water out better if the brakes locked up. They all sure look like they would channel water to the center any other time.

·
Quick! Duck!
3,552 Posts
There should be a directional arrow on the sidewall

Be sure to follow that, NOT what you think is best
Yep, if you use anything except the sidewall arrow, you are guilty of unauthorized thinking.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
The rear tire needs to make traction when being pushed forward (acceleration). Its tread is situated as such.

The front tire needs to make its most traction under braking, the opposite direction stress than the rear. So the tread is basically opposite.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
The Scout is a very cool bike. I’ve got a 2013 HD Street Bob

·
Banned
297 Posts
The first post I believe answered your question so I’ll just say the liquid cooled motor on the scout line is absolutely phenomenal and when its time to replace stock tires, Dunlop American Elites are great. Bought my 2016 Scout 60 with less than 2 miles in it. 10000 mile oil change intervals and its good to go.

If you want a bigger bike the Challenger takes much of the engine design and upscales it.

50B2B2E3-873D-4CA6-B9BC-FADA7D056D42.jpeg

·
JAFO
14,146 Posts
The only reason street tires have tread is to displace water as ranger1968 said. If you lived in a place that it never rained you wouldn't need any tread at all and would get much better traction with slicks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts