close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question For FDE Owners. Looking at FDE 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by oldguynewglock, Jul 24, 2012.

1. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

Found a G17 Gen 4 FDE NIB. I have a Gen 4 26 and 19 in Black. Thought the FDE would be something different. First of all has there been any issues with wear of the finish vs Black and does it clean up as easy. I am a clean freak and use Ballistol on my black Glocks frame and slide. Second point is the LGD wants $70.00 more for the FDE than I can get the black one for 20 miles away at another LGD. I offered cash he won't deal on the FDE. I can afford it but may buy the black one from the other dealer because I know the FDE doesn't cost the dealer more. Thoughts?

2. GTS197

GTS197

Depends on how bad you want one in FDE. They had a limited run of approximately 1500 pistols, between 9 models earlier in the year, with a second run rumored to be released this fall.

It's a sellers market. He probably won't have an issue selling it for $70 more, because there are alot of folks who will pay it for one of the FDE offerings. It may already be gone.

Functionally the gun is the same, and I haven't heard of any issues with the finish. Should be just as good as one of the originals.

3. surfdog

surfdog

I chose my G17 Gen4 FDE for the same reason, and I paid a little higher premium than $70, as I could have gotten a black one locally through GSSF. I Love it! And yes, it cleans up easily! I can honestly say I'd make the same decision tomorrow. I also have an OD 34 that I've had several offers to sell at a premium. Rumors of future FDE runs are exactly that.... I say, Go for it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

Pictures look good. If they still have it don't think I will be able to not do this!

5. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

IMHO it all depends on how bad you want an FDE Glock. I wanted one real bad when I saw pictures of them and after about 2 weeks of searching for a Gen 4 19 FDE, I found one in Arizona. It cost me $599 (no tax) and $45 to transfer it to Florida. It cost me a little more than normal but I would pay the same price for another if they would make a G26 FDE :supergrin:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  6. bruzer

bruzer

Are you buying to resell or use? I buy because I am going to use so adding extra money because of color only is not an option for me. Now if the color was something magical and made the gun a tack driver because of it then I would say it would be money well spent. But if you are looking at resale then you will probably make more on a FDE than the old black. That's how I look at it. Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

7. zachm

zachm

I have one, and have had no issues with the finish. I carry it in a kydex holster daily and have had no issues with the finish.

8. TheWaker43

TheWaker43

I am a clean freak as well and I have had no issues. But I have only had it for a couple months. I paid $100 more than the black model for my G19 and do not regret it a bit. The guy would not budge, he knew someone would pay that. He did sell me a weapon light at cost. So maybe try recouping some of the price difference on something that is not in such high demand.

9. ctfireman

ctfireman

I say snatch it up quick! They are in high demand & tough to get. I paid $499 brand new (gen3) but would have paid more.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  10. bigmac85

bigmac85

I say if you like it, snatch it up!
    Love my 19, the little bit of uniqueness (real word?) Just ads to the appeal. (excuse inebriated post) ! )

Attached Files: