Question for all fisherman???

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by PBR_Cowboy, Jul 11, 2005.

1. PBR_Cowboy

PBR_Cowboy

I just recently purchased a 158 piece set of the origional Banjo Minnow's...I have never used these products but have heard great things about them from T.V. I was just wanting to hear some first hand testimonials good, and bad of this product, and see if i wasted $50 or not. Thanks for all your feedback in advance.

2. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

never heard of "Banjo Minnows"...;g
    Gotta be a "Southern Thang"..;f

I am of the belief that almost anything will catch fish (especially bass) when they are in the right mood. People have preferances and will use what THEY like the best, thus they catch more fish with that type of lure.

With me, I have my preferances, but always make sure the hooks are top quality!! Made the mistake years ago of trying to save a few bucks and bought "Wonder-Lures" instead of real "Daredevils"...am sure that cost me a record breaking small mouth. He jumped three times, and thought he shook the hook. After reeling in, found the dang hook had straightened out!!:(

Lots of luck, and never worry about wasting money of fishing stuff...remember, it is an "INVESTMENT"!!;f ;f

Lot's of luck with all you lures!!;Y

3. noway

noway

BANJO Minnows are okay but I haven't seen a big advantage in using them over let's say a bag of berkley powerbait worms or zoom worms/superfluke shad ;)

{I just recently purchased a 158 piece set of the origional Banjo Minnow's...I have never used these products but have heard great things about them from T.V. I was just wanting to hear some first hand testimonials good, and bad of this product, and see if i wasted $50 or not. Thanks for all your feedback in advance.}

Bass e.g are finicky. Some times they strike on a certian "type" plastic bait and sometime it's only live bait. So your fishing production will vary on the fish, time or year and bait used. For the price ( $50.00) I guess that's good, but I would rather bought a small quanity first and then try them out to see if they are productive for your area and the fish in that area.

just my 2ct,

Good luck on the banjominnow ;)

4. A_Swede_17_1911

A_Swede_17_1911

Ive always wanted to try them, but never have. I think they would work good for alot of diffent fish, from trout to bass. I fish sluggo's but never really had much success on them, but have had stikes. I have a friend who loved to fish the smallest size banjo minnow on a fly rod for trout, he did this after spoting some fish that wouldnt take the flys he had. He said they worked really great for trout that way. I think if you fish them they way they are intended that they would work well. I would fish them and build your confidence up with them. I've found out that I catch more fish in lures or baits I have confidence in that baits or lures that I dont. For and example I have more confidance in fishing a orange 1" twisty tail grub, than I do fishing redworms under a bobber for panfish. I catch more fish that way.

So go catch some fish on em and build up that confidence in the lure.

5. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Which ever lure you select for that fishing spot, give it a good pep talk before you dunk it. Your bait needs to be in a good mood to operate properly. I think alcohol helps too, I know guys who soak plastic worms in beer before they cast them.

6. noway

noway

I've used the simpole bass attractant spray to rid the soft bait of any human scent. It also keeps it more softer longer and prevent them from drying out.

7. badhunter1234

badhunter1234

Theyre great for catching fishermen like you and me -- no better than any other plastic minnow imitation for catching fish. I got suckered into spending $39.95 on a set several years ago. Have never caught anything on them.

Now the new Berkeley gulp baits -- wow!! I have several types and fish really attach them, like no other soft plastic bait I have ever used. Theyre the best real innovation I have seen in fishing baits in many years. (no I dont work for Berkeley -- but they really work for me!)

8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Badhunter is correct. Most fishing lures are designed to catch fishermen rather than fish. I've had more success with flies than anything else. I suspect it's because fly patterns more accurately mimic prey in a fish's diet.

9. G36.45

G36.45

3 bucks for a bag of worms will work even better.

I have never liked crank baits....just don't seem to work for me.

10. ebigfish

ebigfish FinsUp! FinsUp!

I use em and I like em.... but, like the instructional video says, "let it die... let it die... let it die...."

-fish ;)