Question about XS Big Dots rear sight alignment

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by walkinsilence, Mar 4, 2016.

1. walkinsilence

walkinsilence

Hi guy, I want to install a 24/7 big dots in my G19. The thing is, usually I need the rear sight to be placed to the right, because if it's completely centered, I shoot left.

I know the rear sight of the xs sights needs loctite.

My question is. Before applying the loctite, can I put just the two screws and shoot it in order to see in the rear sight alignment is right? Or I'll just will broke the sights?

Regards.

2. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

I shot my g26 with just the screws, made several adjustments then removed one screw and red loctited it, than the other. 6k later, no movement.

walkinsilence likes this.

3. walkinsilence

walkinsilence

Great info Jim! Thank you!

4. 34shooter

34shooter

Use Blue Lock-Tite. Makes it much easier to remove. Which is highly likely when you accept that you can't hit anything with those sights.

5. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

You should fix your left shooting first. Unless your other Glock has the terrible wonky shooting adjustable plastic sight. Those stink.

I'd avoid the Big Dot's. They were clever for a while, but sight technology has moved on. I had them, they were good at point shooting distance, and slow a sighted shooting distances, and stunk at 20 yards or more.

Check out the Warren Sevigny comps, or Tactical's. FO and plain rear for day time, single dot or two dot for night.

If you do use the lame Bigdot's, use no threadlock, leave the tiny screws loose and hammer the sight in with only a little filing. The screws aren't even needed. You can lock them down later after testing, then apply Locktite or Permatex Penetrating Threadlock that'll sink in like oil. (usually green)

6. Bryanmc57

Bryanmc57

You of course understand that their primary use is defensive shooting at 15 yards or less. They are especially good for folks who are far sighted on defensive pistols who can't do the whole "equal height equal light" thing in an instant.. Sure, you can't cut out the x ring with them, but for fast effective hits, you can't beat them.