close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about 'verification'

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by DaveGT, Dec 28, 2005.

1. DaveGT

DaveGT

Howdy folks.

By way of an introduction, I am a Vietnam Vet, served with an airborne unit before going to 'Nam, was diverted as soon as I arrived in country to a non airborne unit that needed my MOS, so I never served with another airborne unit after that.

While reading the threads, I have noticed that those who served in elite units like the Rangers and Special Forces are pretty good at weeding out the phony folks that try to make claims to something they never were.

That brings me to my reason for this post: Is there a way through the internet or an internet association to 'verify' if someone was ever a U.S. Navy Seal ?

I live in a very small town and a recent addition to the community has been hanging with a lot of the high school kids that his son plays football with. In his conversations, he has bragged to some of the kids that he was a Navy Seal. In the senior biographies that appeared in our local paper, one of the graduating seniors who had enlisted in the Navy thanked this individual and referred to his being a Navy Seal.

The man in question is a total flake, the kind of person who would say **** like that to make himself sound better than he really is. One of his family members let it slip that he was never even in the service. I have every intention on calling his hand on this, but I need to know where to go for proof.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel this type of an individual demeans the sacrifices of those who have served.

2. blubottlemax

blubottlemax

3. coolhandblack

coolhandblack

I think you should go and kick his sorry ***! If you win, he wasn't no SEAL...lol

4. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

Even I wouldn't **** with a SEAL... nothing to gain... everything to loose :) When I'm a hostage somewhere I hope when they take the blindfold off I see a SEAL...

5. NevisRuprecht

NevisRuprecht

Of course...All SEALS were fathered by Chuck Norris and share his super human strength. Currently all SEALS are deployed in California to suck up the flood water with their *** cheeks and then release it over the Tejas and Oklahoma wild fires.

;Q

6. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

I hope when I'm a hostage and they take off the blindfold I see Hillary Duff and Jessica Alba fighting over who gets to feed me and who gets to service me.

As per weeding out the Walruses as I call them:

"No crap you were a SEAL? I saw a show on them on Discovery. WTF is that training school called? It was some goofy name and I laughed my butt off."

If they answer anything but BUD/S. Bzzzzzzzzzt.

Round 2:

"Oh BUD/S! Yeah that's it!! God. I was just amazed at the duration you guys could be in the water. I know that water around SanFran can get pretty cold." If they agree, you got 'em.

Round 3:

If they say Coronado, then nail them on what team they were on and said location. This is a LITTLE harder since you'd have to know where each team was at, but if you really wanna nail Walruses, it's worth memorizing.

"What team were you on? Location? Etc etc".

There's a flow chart out there that's got the listing/location of all the SEAL, SWCC, and other associated teams within Naval Special Warfare. I can't remember if it's on a DOD site or whatnot though. I used it in a PowerPoint for school and lost it. If I find it I'll post it here.

I tripped a Walrus up once when he told me he was on a "Super Secret" SEAL team. Of course this "Super Secret Team" wasn't Six/DevGru or anything, and it wasn't in VA.