close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about vehicle carry in PA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Kp1387, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kp1387

Kp1387

Ok well here's there deal, I almost always carry my G30 in my truck when I'm traveling for work. I'm constantly traveling but now I'm headed to PA for a couple weeks and need some info. Now I don't currently have my CHL but the only time my Glock leaves the truck is when I'm bringing it into the motel room when I'm don't with work. You guys think I'll have any problems up there in PA? I'm from TX by the way.

2. .50 cal

.50 cal

You must keep the firearm unloaded and out of reach when you drive in PA, a PA LTCF will allow you to transport a pistol much easier

3. Kp1387

Kp1387

Well that's good to know. But what good is an unloaded gun? Also does the TX extension of home law not apply?

4. .50 cal

.50 cal

I do not know anything about that law, I would recommend an online Texas forum that talks about laws and reciprocity

5. Kp1387

Kp1387

I've been looking at it. It's called the castle doctrine. But I can't find any specifics on a person from out of state carrying. Both PA and TX have the castle doctrine in place.

6. .50 cal

.50 cal

The castle doctrine has nothing to do with this subject, the doctrine is about when one is allowed to use deadly force, as a firearm owner you should be very familiar with the Castle Doctrine and be aware of when you are allowed to defend yourself with deadly force

7. MikeG36

MikeG36

Here is a great resource for you. Scroll down for links and other info that may be useful. US Carry PA Too bad you don't have a Texas CCW as PA honors it. Safe travels.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.