Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is at my local gun shop and what's interesting about it, it has a picatinny rail and dual sided mag release. Was this an option or is it an aftermarket slide? Thank you for any info.

Air gun Handwriting Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Air gun Wood Trigger Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It is at my local gun shop and what's interesting about it, it has a picatinny rail and dual sided mag release. Was this an option or is it an aftermarket slide? Thank you for any info.

View attachment 1098425

View attachment 1098426
Glock does have the following (OEM) for G21 SF gen 3 listed on GLOCK Parts List, Will-Fit Info, & Order Form for Certified Armorers Only:

Glock Part #5323 Magazine Release Button (AMBI G21SF)
Glock Part #5325 Magazine Catch (AMBI) Old Style G21SF (P7 & P9 item prefix)

ETA - some people have found these to be problematic. Suggestion - be a little cautious.

In the past - GLOCK was swapping out the problematic ambi mag catch frames for non-ambi frames.

·
Super Moderator
Glock 45/19X
10,642 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
73,661 Posts
I may buy it but they want $559 for it. I haven't purchased used Glock in years, is that good? I can afford it regardless and may just get it.
I would not pay that or anything close to it. I'd even call it a rip-off. The last used Glock 21 in my local shop was $450. A brand new one is only $546 at Bud's and Bud's isn't the cheapest local store here: https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/8032/glock+g21+g4+45+us+13r+fs

Also $546 at KY Gun Co. KYGUNCO

Even Academy only wants $40 more for brand new than those guys want for used. GLOCK G21 Gen4 .45 ACP | Academy

Unless you are left-handed and can think of something you need to mount on a picatinny rail that won't mount on a Glock rail, I'd buy a new one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I may buy it but they want $559 for it. I haven't purchased used Glock in years, is that good? I can afford it regardless and may just get it.
Regarding price, it depends on where you are in our wonderful country but $560 for a used Gen 3 seems a little steep. Glockstore.com has new 21SF and Gen 4 21's for $547. That said, if you just want to add it to your collection, go for it!

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Glock 21SF I bought years ago came with ambi mag release. The ambi release started malfunctioning (IIRC it was extremely difficult to drop the mag). Sent it to Glock who gave me some options: I chose new frame with single mag release. That option meant I had to fill out 4473 because it was a new gun.

So you might have to deal with that with this gun.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I passed on one for $400 because I didn’t trust that problematic ambi mag release. Would not have trusted it for carry and wouldn’t want a mismatched replacement frame either

1 - 20 of 24 Posts