Question about the Gen 4 Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by frogger42, Mar 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. frogger42

frogger42 Don't Panic!!

I finally got a chance to handle a Gen 4 Glock (a G17) today in my local fun shop. I liked it a lot and as soon as I can financially swing it, I'm probably going to trade my Gen 3 G17 for a Gen 4. My question is this... I've always preferred the extended slide release like the one that comes on the G34/35 and I have one installed on my Gen 3 G17 and G19. Does anyone know if the same part will fit on the Gen 4 G17? It is not a show stopper either way, but I've gotten used to that small mod and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with the Gen 4 when I get it.

2. 93 FOX

93 FOX

yeap, took one out of my old 22 slapped it in my gen 4 G17. fits and works perfect.

3. chief

chief

how much do you want for your G17 if you were to sell it?

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

There is also a Gen4 question/answer thread Here

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  5. frogger42

frogger42 Don't Panic!!

I'm not looking to sell it. I've already got a potential deal made for a trade with my local dealer that is very fair, but I have to wait until the end of the month for the other part of the trade. After reading some of the problems with the Gen 4 on here, I'm not sure I'm going to do it. I'm starting to think it might be too early to jump to the new design.