Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Firm member
30,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a four-wheeling vacation to southern Arizona and ran into Border Patrol agents multiple times daily (checkpoints, roadblocks, on ATVs in the desert, etc.) and don't recall seeing anyone over thirty years old. A very polite and professional lot, and we were wondering if it's a "starter" agency for future careers in federal LE? Thanks in advance, HH

·
Registered
59,811 Posts

·
AAAMAD
33,876 Posts
Just returned from a four-wheeling vacation to southern Arizona and ran into Border Patrol agents multiple times daily (checkpoints, roadblocks, on ATVs in the desert, etc.) and don't recall seeing anyone over thirty years old. A very polite and professional lot, and we were wondering if it's a "starter" agency for future careers in federal LE? Thanks in advance, HH

From working with them 06-08

They were a lot like all the other LE units.

You have guys who join them to get a job elsewhere, you have guys who join them to do super swoopy things (BORTAC), and some who join because they want to be BP.

I saw a lot of older guys as well. Though they were generally in senior positions.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I retired from the Border Patrol in 2011. I stated with the BP @ 27 after the military and 6 years as a big city cop. It is usually the younger guys on the ATV's. The BP has been having a rough time lately to Obama's policies gutting the Agency.

·
Registered
34,034 Posts
On a more serious note I have heard for decades now there is a lot of turnover. Doesn't matter who is in the White House there is a certain amount of Groundhog Day that ruins it.

That and guess where they are spending most of their career?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,120 Posts
The feathers are about to fly.....

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
I retired from the Border Patrol in 2011. I stated with the BP @ 27 after the military and 6 years as a big city cop. It is usually the younger guys on the ATV's. The BP has been having a rough time lately to Obama's policies gutting the Agency.
Is it possible that from say about 27 years old to 37 years old one bounces around in the dessert on an ATV and then sometime around 37 or maybe 40 one may begin to gravitate to a Border Patrol boat or a Border Patrol van that takes illegals from point A to point B after in custody or maybe a Border Patrol position someplace on the northern border because the snowmobile looks cooler (pun intended) than the ATV or even a Border Patrol station someplace that one may not immediately think of as a border state? Like the one at the general aviation airport not to far away from me in Florida if they really hate the cold weather?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.