Glock Talk banner

Question about Spikes vs BCM

6K views 38 replies 33 participants last post by  Walk Soft 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm in the process of buying my first AR and my question is, Spikes or BCM upper? I know from the chart and reading on here that the BCM has everything, but what about the Spikes? A lot of people seem to say that Spikes also has all of the best parts and competes with the BCM. So, what does the BCM offer that the Spikes doesn't? I want top quality, and price isn't a huge concern, but if I can save $200 and have a comparable rifle, it might be enough to affect my decision.

Thanks

#2 ·
The only real thing Spikes doesn't have that BCM does is a proven track record and a reputation for running an extremely tight QA/QC program.

This isn't to say that Spikes is not as good, they just haven't been in the quality AR market long enough yet, time will tell.

With that said I would go BCM.

#3 ·
I was in the same position 1 month ago. Money was tight so I really wanted to get the Spikes. However, in the end 200 dollars just wasn't enough savings to not get the best. I was so Impressed with the customer service at BCM that I can't imagine ever buying anything else. Emails are answered immediately and products are shipped the day after you order. Absolutely a top-notch company. I would advise the BCM, but I don't think you can go wrong with the Spikes.

farmer

#4 ·
Not even close... BCM all day. You couldn't pay me to own a Spikes products after the **** they pulled years ago. Without turning this into another Spikes bashing thread I'll just say to search... the info is out there. Or, to make life easy & feel good about what you own, just buy BCM. They're a good company that makes good products and even create new products which are very helpful.

#9 ·
Not even close... BCM all day. You couldn't pay me to own a Spikes products after the **** they pulled years ago. Without turning this into another Spikes bashing thread I'll just say to search... the info is out there. Or, to make life easy & feel good about what you own, just buy BCM. They're a good company that makes good products and even create new products which are very helpful.
this.

#11 ·
Count me in as well,.....while I do own a super reliable Spikes dedicated .22LR upper,
I will never give another cent to Spikes.
Do some research on google, search Spikes vs BCM, I will not post negatives here.

#14 ·
I have both I haven't shot the bcm yet the spikes is a 16" 1:9 twist midlength the and has been flawless. The bcm is 20" 1:7 twist . I can't wait to try it out. BCM's customer service was ok. I really have nothing to complain about. But it was not amazing either.

#21 ·
For several years now, I have been buying AR components and assembling them. At one point, I owned 24 assembled AR15s. Now, I only have 17 assembled ARs. I have used upper assemblies from Del-Ton, CMMG, STAG, DS Arms, DPMS, ADCO, Model 1 Sales, and LMT. I have used lowers from Del-Ton, CMMG, RRA, DS Arms, Essential Arms, Aero Precision, LMT, Lauer Weaponry, DPMS, Spike's, and a few others. I even own complete ARs from Colt, CMMG, Sabre Defence, and KMC. I have bought several products from BCM over the years, none of which have been BCM uppers or lowers. I have bought BCM BCGs, of which are top notch. BCM has built a good name for themselves and a good reputation. They carry good products. Their brand name uppers are of good quality, as is Spike's. To choose one over the other is going to a personal choice. Both are good choices. Personally, I would prefer the BCM over the Spike's, if money was not an issue. If money was an issue, I would go with Del-Ton instead of BCM or Spike's. They make wonderful upper assemblies at a fantastic value. Again, it is ultimately up to you.

#22 ·
I've done business professionally with BCM.

That's where i'd go.

#26 ·
BCM.

If I hadn't gotten the deal I did on my LMT, which has literally been perfect by the way (amazing fit & finish, and the SOPMOD stock is the cat's ass), I'd have gotten a BCM mid.

I'd also love to get a Noveske, but to be honest, I just can't justify the extra cost given the availability of BCM as a hard use rifle for hundreds less than a new Noveske or new LMT or DD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.