Question about shotguns

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by axel, Oct 19, 2005.

1. axel

axel Nov. 11, 1918

Over-Under vs. side-by-side

Are there any advantages to one over the other?

2. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Over-Under is going to be more accurate as the sight is over both barrels rather than between them. I remember a friend of mine missing a rattler at very close range with his side-by-side. SbS may look cooler, but for quick accuracy I'll take an over-under.

3. das028

das028

There is no difference in accuracy between the two, generally. Accuracy will differ between gun to gun.

sxs tend to be lighter, and are usually made for hunting. But there are O/U's that are light and are used for hunting as well.

You wont find to many sxs'd used as target guns. Sure their out there, but not to many.

SxS's are generally more expensive has well.

I think your question is to broad. There are many different SxS's used for many different reasons, as O/U's. You need to specify types of shotguns (sxs,o/u)you plan on comparing and what you are going to use them for.

4. axel

axel Nov. 11, 1918

Didn't mean to be vague. I saw rows and rows of shotguns at Gander Mtn. the other day got to thinking about why side-by-side? why over-under?

5. das028

das028

Yes, there are just so many shotguns for various purposes its hard to answer your question.