close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about scoring in Glock M

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by AggieMax, Apr 30, 2003.

1. AggieMax

AggieMax DFW sheepdog

I am trying to understand how the following scenario would be scored. If I correctly engage the 4 NRA targets with 8 rounds, I have three rounds left in my gun. I miss two times at the popper and then hit on the third one. Am I assessed two misses for a total of +20 sec penalty? I have read the rules and they seem to be unclear as to whether or not you are assessed "miss" penalty points when shooting at the popper.

Thanks.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

You are allowed to have 11 rounds loaded. You shoot 3 strings of fire putting 2 rounds in each D-1 target and only 1 steel popper during each string, if it takes all 3 extra rounds thats okay; no penality. As long as at the end of each string you have 2 holes in each D-1 and 1 popper down it doesn't count penaltywise as long as all cardboard hits are "A" & "B" ring. At the end of the 3 strings you should have 6 hits on each D-1 and all 3 poppers down.

3. AggieMax

AggieMax DFW sheepdog

Thanks for the info Don.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Your quite welcome, glad to help anytime. See you at Dallas, I will be shooting Sat. with Team Sidearmor.

5. AggieMax

AggieMax DFW sheepdog

Welcome to Dallas. I will be taking my CHL class on Saturday, and then shooting the GSSF on Sunday. Should be a very fun weekend, just as long as the rain holds off on Sunday. Good shooting!!

6. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Aggiemax, I will be shooting Sunday with Team Sidearmor, if you like, you could hang with us & see what is up. I should get there about 9:30 or so. I haven't shot with sidearmor enough to have their shirt & cap yet so I will be wearing a Carver mount brown cap & a white collared shirt with the logo "Texas Sightmasters" on the back(at least I will if I get the laundry done).
    You are welcome to shoot with me & maybe we could help you on the finer points of the rules & so forth. Let me say, accuracy is the key over speed. I got so flustered last match, I left the popper standing & ran out of bullets. Bad bad. LOL. Oh well, that is why we practice.
    Let me know if there is anyway team sidearmor or myself can help. See you Sunday, MLM

7. AggieMax

AggieMax DFW sheepdog

Mark, thanks for the offer, I will certainly look for you on Sunday. Hope the weather's nice.