close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about rules and magazine capacity

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by TatonkaJack, Apr 15, 2007.

1. TatonkaJack

TatonkaJack

Was re-reading the rules and want to make sure I understand them correctly. Since my next Glock purchase is looking like a G30 so I can compete in both Amateur SubCompact as well as Amateur MajorSub, I have a question about the allowed number of rounds in the magazine for each division. As I read it, for Am. SubCompact the max would be the same as all the rest of the divisions - 11 rounds. The only difference is with Am. MajorSub, which only allows a max of 7 rounds. Is this correct? If so, I guess I better make sure I knock each plate down the first time when shooting MajorSub! Thanks for the help!

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

you got it 11 and 7

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Just remember, when shooting "Subcompact", load 11 rounds and fire TWO rounds at each paper target.

When shooting "MajorSub", load 7 rounds and fire ONE round at each paper target.

In both cases that leaves you with 3 rounds to take down ONE Popper per string.

ALSO, be on the alert for RANGE OFFICERS who, when you show up with your G-30, will confuse the two and insist that you load 7 rounds when you are shooting Subcompact or 11 rounds when you are shooting MajorSub.

Unlike IDPA or USPSA matches, the GSSF ROs usually only work the match once per year and may not shoot it themselves. The shooters are therefore often more familiar with the rules and procedures than the ROs often are.

If an RO starts giving you bum directions, call a "time out" for a review of what Division you are actually shooting at that time and the written rules and stage procedures pertaining to that particular Division.

;)

4. G-Frog

G-Frog

Please don't lump all ROs into one bunch. Some are quite good and do know the difference. While I can say that many come up to shoot the G-30 in Major Sub. Some do come up to shoot the G-30 in Sub Compact.

If I am in charge of the score sheets, I make sure that they have the correct sheets. On the plates, it makes no difference as they have 6 plates to knock down no matter what. Shooting Major with 7 or shooting Sub with 11