Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an orange armorer plate and when i press the trigger it just comes straight back and doesn't release the striker? Is that how it's supposed to work? I bought it to view the inner workings of my precious, and was hoping to be able to see the point in which it releases the striker, but it doesn't do that at all. Am i doing something wrong?

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
adjust the over travel stop. Maybe im doing this wrong or something.
If the cover was installed properly, it doesn't interfere with the trigger mechanism.
Your over travel stop needs to be backed out a bit. Readjust and try again.

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Allright, i think i'v actually figured this out a bit. The orange plate is thicker then a standard plate, you have to release the pin by pushing down on the sear with a punch. I don't believe it can fire with the orange plate on at all.

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol! I just asked google a question about the orange armorer plate. I noticed the third search result down and it looked like it had some text that seemed relevant so i clicked it and it just happened to be this very thread that i created like 10 minutes ago. Wow, i didn't know stuff ended up on google immediately. Its funny it says the thread was created 20 hours ago though.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Allright, i think i'v actually figured this out a bit. The orange plate is thicker then a standard plate, you have to release the pin by pushing down on the sear with a punch. I don't believe it can fire with the orange plate on at all.
the 'orange' should be same thickness as OEM....the OP are telling you that you need to -back out the screw-

you have a (after market) stop screw in the trigger housing?

·
getcha suma dat
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know how to adjust the overtravel screw. The whole basis for this thread was at the beginning i didn't realise you cant dry fire the pistol with the plate on. It was confusing me as to why it wouldn't let the striker release. Then i found the information on Ghost inc's site as to why. Sorry for any confusion, i really couldn't find any results upon googling information about the plate and didn't know if it was supposed to work like that.

I'v got things all figured out now and i'm good to go. I'd like to take the Glock armorers course if it wasn't back logged for like a year.

The plate is sectioned by 1/3 in height to permit viewing of the sear and firing pin engagement. Our plate is slightly thicker in width than the Glock plate. We make this plate thicker in width because this thickness moves the firing pin leg slightly forward. Moving the firing pin leg effects where the trigger releases the firing pin. Moving it slightly forward gives you more adjustment of the Trigger Control Tab (TCT) once your thinner Glock black plate is reinstalled.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I know how to adjust the overtravel screw. The whole basis for this thread was at the beginning i didn't realise you cant dry fire the pistol with the plate on. It was confusing me as to why it wouldn't let the striker release. Then i found the information on Ghost inc's site as to why. Sorry for any confusion, i really couldn't find any results upon googling information about the plate and didn't know if it was supposed to work like that.

I'v got things all figured out now and i'm good to go. I'd like to take the Glock armorers course if it wasn't back logged for like a year.

The plate is sectioned by 1/3 in height to permit viewing of the sear and firing pin engagement. Our plate is slightly thicker in width than the Glock plate. We make this plate thicker in width because this thickness moves the firing pin leg slightly forward. Moving the firing pin leg effects where the trigger releases the firing pin. Moving it slightly forward gives you more adjustment of the Trigger Control Tab (TCT) once your thinner Glock black plate is reinstalled.
I have a Glock orange plate that is the same thickness (actually a little thinner due to individual tolerances) and works fine.
The only thing I use it for is to check the engagement of the striker to the cruciform.
You don't need it for trigger adjustments, if you get to the point that you can't get the trigger to release, you can remove the plate, remove the striker and remove the slide.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
lol! I just asked google a question about the orange armorer plate.
Assumed it was the Glock orange armorer plate, same thickness as stock black plate, fully functional.

Thicker Aftermarket Armorer Plate

Didn't realize there is a thicker one... I guess everything exists, someone probably sells a thinner one too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts