Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built a polymer 80 pf940v2. I haven't fired it yet, and wanted to get some advice before I do. The metal on my slide where the barrel meets the ejection port is a little warped and formed a lip. It's it safe to shoot? If not, should I get a new slide or can I just sand it down?
20200827_103539.jpg
20200827_103521.jpg

·
Huckleberry
586 Posts
It's fine if you get good lockup, but it wouldn't hurt it if you smoothed it down. I wouldn't go overboard on it, though.

ETA: This should be posted in Gunsmithing since this isn't actually a Glock. For future reference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's fine if you get good lockup, but it wouldn't hurt it if you smoothed it down. I wouldn't go overboard on it, though.

ETA: This should be posted in Gunsmithing since this isn't actually a Glock. For future reference.
Got it thanks I appreciate the help and I'll keep that in mind for future posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it hand cycle smoothly? If so and it locks up tight its fine, it'll wear itself in anyway.
Yes and no. When I chamber the first round of a magazine it's not so smooth and sometimes it doesn't go fully into battery. When this happens I have to manually lock the slide into place. After the first round the issue seems to go away. Only happens with the first round of every magazine.

I tried to smooth it down and oiled it, and it seemed to get a little better but I have to oil it every other day to keep it working smoothly. I found some CPL at my job that was unclaimed so I'm going to try using that tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts