close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question about molding voids in Gen 4 frames

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by grayi6, Aug 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. grayi6

grayi6

Hey everyone,

While researching Gen 4's I've stumbled across a few posts concerning what folks are typically calling 'voids' in the frame.

All of the responses I've seen when this issue is brought up are typically 'don't worry about it, it's normal' or 'Glock said it's a normal void in the manufacturing process'.

To me, it looks like either a poorly processed injection molded part (if it is truly voids), or a poorly designed part which didn't allow for sufficient wall thickness to surround the metal insert. I'm definitely not a manufacturer or mold designer, but I have had experience designing plastic parts that use the injection molding process. So take this with a grain of salt, I'm just trying to understand what is 'normal' so I won't worry about it if it's a non-issue.

Is this completely normal on all Glocks or just Gen 4's? I'm just having trouble dismissing it so easily so I wanted to see what your take was.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. llcoolj_2222

llcoolj_2222

Looks like glock's QC gone from bad to worse nowdays.

3. sgt rock

sgt rock

those areas on the gen 4 have been made thinner so the new recoil spring would fit in there. The plastic is thinner around the rails and can chip off. Search for some side by side comparisons of the gen3 and 4 frames and slides to see the differences.

4. grayi6

grayi6

I wonder if there would be a difference on the baby glocks, because the 26 has always had the dual recoil spring right?

5. robs67stang

robs67stang

My G30SF has the same spots, polymer is really thin there. Talked to Glock and they said it was normal. But who knows...

6. SCC

SCC Member Me

it's not just the gen 4's
    and if it did break they will replace it for free ...