GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
He's never taken you to the O Club ? It's been a while since I have been there; it was pretty nice.

MRE's are for when they are out on a deployment.

Here's the dessert tray.

View attachment 834334

;)
Not everybody gets to go to the O Club. My wife is a senior officer and has never been, therefore I've never been.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Being a tanker is out...read recently that they are doing away with the armor component in the USMC. I imagine that some jobs will open up in company and platoon levels for drone driver.
They still have anti-tank warfare, such as LAV

·
Anti-Federalist
17,675 Posts
Medics don't earn the title of Doc. Only corpsmen do. Whenever I go visit my wife at work, such as lunch, or doing a chore for her, I can always tell which of her corpsmen have been green side. They carry themselves differently than those who haven't gone green side. Green Side corpsmen earn the title of Doc.

Certainly not uncommon to call Army Medics "Doc" at least by the soldiers they work with.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Medics don't earn the title of Doc. Only corpsmen do. Whenever I go visit my wife at work, such as lunch, or doing a chore for her, I can always tell which of her corpsmen have been green side. They carry themselves differently than those who haven't gone green side. Green Side corpsmen earn the title of Doc.
I spent 10 years in the infantry and I'm not too sure what you're referring to.

I hate people who posture and pose. The only thing that truly matters is what a person can do when things get tough. Everything else in nonsense.

I still think that Special Forces Medic and Combat Engineer are the two best MOSs in the Army - both are good combinations of real skills and right wing adventure.

V.

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Not everybody gets to go to the O Club. My wife is a senior officer and has never been, therefore I've never been.

Why not ? Unless it has changed since I got out, any Officer can walk into any O Club in the US and probably any overseas. It's not just for eating and drinking. I saw my 2 star base commander at the O Club at Sheppard often just mingling with the troops to see what was really going on. Same way with the Wing King at Little Rock. Management by walking around, so to speak, I assume.

:headscratch:

·
Registered
702 Posts
I spent 10 years in the infantry and I'm not too sure what you're referring to.

I hate people who posture and pose. The only thing that truly matters is what a person can do when things get tough. Everything else in nonsense.

I still think that Special Forces Medic and Combat Engineer are the two best MOSs in the Army - both are good combinations of real skills and right wing adventure.

V.
If you had been in the Marines or Navy you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. No posturing or posing here. My comment had nothing to do with SF Medics or Combat Engineers. I spent several years in infantry too, and don't give a poop about whether or not you hate me. You always have the option of the block button.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Why not ? Unless it has changed since I got out, any Officer can walk into any O Club in the US and probably any overseas. It's not just for eating and drinking. I saw my 2 star base commander at the O Club at Sheppard often just mingling with the troops to see what was really going on. Same way with the Wing King at Little Rock. Management by walking around, so to speak, I assume.

:headscratch:
Just not something my wife goes to. Speaking honestly, I wish she'd loosen up and go have some fun with her friends, even if it's at the O Club. She's too focused on her career and the next promotion.

·
Senior Moment
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
My grandson starts boot camp next month. He was offered amtrac crewman for a school and took it. I guess the school would be in Del Mar. My first tour in VN was with an amtrac unit. Beat humping the mountains and we could carry a lot of ammo. Mines were a problem though. Boot camp was only 8 weeks when I went through, although it seemed they tried to cram 12 into 8.

·
Registered
26,186 Posts
Just not something my wife goes to. Speaking honestly, I wish she'd loosen up and go have some fun with her friends, even if it's at the O Club. She's too focused on her career and the next promotion.

Navy or Air Force?

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts

Navy

Oh ! That explains it. Navy O Clubs aren't near as much fun as AF O Clubs.

;)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts