Question About Glock Repairs?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gvf, Jan 8, 2010.

1. gvf

gvf

Curiosity question:

My 36 under warranty, only two months owned, was having various ejection problems and seller (also the owner of range where I shoot) sent it in to Glock for warranty repairs.

It was returned - seems fine now - least on ammo I used tonight, will use other next time to check it out more.

What amazed me is the report of replacement parts Glock installed for what I thought would be a problem involving one or two. According to the enclosed report - which listed no "diagnosis" but only parts replaced - they replaced the following for the ejection problem:

-recoil spring
    -firing pin assembly
    -EDP assembly
    -firing pin safety
    -trigger bar
    -spring
    -channel liner
    -connector
    -ejector
    -spring
    -magazine CATC extractor
    -slide lock spring
    -magazine catch
    -locking block pin
    -slide cover plate
    -follower
    -cleaned and tested

Quite a lot!

So my question: I wondered if Glock as a matter of course simply replaced the major assemblies for any repair, tested it and sent it back.

I'm not complaining at all. I got half a new gun. Just curious if such a general part-replacement was SOP, instead of targeting specific parts to replace for specific problems.

Thanks.

2. Captainns10

Captainns10

im no where near being the most knowledgeable person on this site but...

from what ive read on gt concerning the g30 and g36, the only thing they probably really needed to replace was the trigger bar. Sounds like they went above and beyond to get you back on track.

I hope all is well with your g36 now so you can enjoy it :wavey:

3. MoNsTeR

MoNsTeR

When I sent my older G34 in to have them replace a cracked slide, they also replaced almost every small part in the gun. Seems to be standard procedure if the parts appear at all old or worn.