Question About Glock G40

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by SOCOperator, Jun 29, 2015.

1. SOCOperator

SOCOperator

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I figured that someone here might be able to shed some light on things.

Gunny talked me into trying a G40, so I ordered one 2 weeks ago from GT Distributors (best price and blue label). With that being said I called them back on Friday and was informed that they are waiting on the shipment from Glock. I asked if they had an ETA and was informed that they (Glock) won't give one.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know.

Stay safe.

2. Major Mark

Major Mark

I spoke with a representative from a Georgia Police Distributor today that has Glock as one of their bread and butter products. This fellow told me that the G-40 had been discontinued. Reason being that the slide velocity was so fast with loads on the stouter end that electronic sights were not surviving. I'm not an engineer that specializes in slide speed so I don't know if it is true or not. I hope not as the G-40 was on my want list. I would think this fellow might be privy to some Glock Insight but who knows. Maybe someone else on GT has better info on the G-40.

3. atdrs

atdrs

I'm awaiting my G40 blue label also so have an interest .

Why, for you engineer types out there, would a G40 slide have to move any faster than the G20's slide?

4. rds95991

rds95991 NRA Benefactor

The only reasons I can think of would be either the mass of the slide is too light or the strength of the spring through its entire cycle may be too weak.at one point.

It would be at either the acceleration of the slide as it starts or the deceleration of the slide as it stops twice. Once when it is fully retracted and the other when it slides home.

5. RimShot

RimShot Meat Puppet

Interesting. I cancelled my G40 blue-label order from my LGS after waiting 8 months (found a G40 at a show from another local dealer).
    Now I'm curious - I'll weigh the G20 & G40 slides and take them to the range for some testing.

6. HattrickG17

HattrickG17

Any new info on this. I want a G40 and have no intention of adding an optic. Wish they produced a non mos model. I also want a G41 in non mos.