question about glock 20

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by datruth, Jul 15, 2007.

1. datruth

datruth

Hello glock talk,i posted this on high road as well i thought i may get more results in GT , i have a question about the glock 20 , and the 10mm round. I have several firearms, including two glock 45's (g21SF/pic rail&g30) and 12 gauge maverick, and a savage 30-06, i really think each weapon has its place, G30/G21sf interchangeably for carry, 12 gauge for HD, 30-06 for hunting and range work, but i have been hooked on the glock 20 for some odd reason, maybe because it's a firearm,but what role/niche would the glock 20 in 10mm serve, i plan on getting into hunting once i get to Fort Lewis, Washington, and the army lets me,i have read it makes a decent woods gun, just what do some of the owners here use theirs for? all info welcomed, thanks for the help in advance.

2. joro

joro NRA Member

The main use for my G20 is a woods sidearm. Its lightweight and packs a punch. However, it is so fun to shoot that it gets alot of range time as well.
    I find the G20 to be a very versatile platform that can fill just about any role.

3. Clarkbar

Clarkbar Tool of the Man

Whatever role you want it to serve. If you practice with it, it will serve as a better defense pistol than the G21.
    Further, it is a better companion in the wild, where it's penetration is more effective on animals.

Though this is The 10 Ring let me address the rest of these comments that my young comrade has made:

- CCW: take as many pistol training courses as you can and go compete in IDPA and IPSC with you carry guns

- 12ga: leave it in your bedroom for a barricade gun, if you were in your home in an HD situation, and had to move . . . use your pistol

- HD, pt 2: get an AR15 carbine. Get good with it. Take courses. Army Expert is still pathetic. Good means Ranger Bn 11B or SF Bn 18 Good.

- Range work? All shooting is range work. Buy a Ruger 22/45 pistol and shoot that 10 times more than anything else you own, and at THIS TARGET. Focus on the fundamentals.

4. datruth

datruth

looks like a ranger or sf crest in your avitar, am i right ?
    must be tabbed out clakbar, im a bravo.... 63 bravo , wrenchturner, i know that doesnt count:supergrin:, you in lewis? how is it up there?

5. Clarkbar

Clarkbar Tool of the Man

My avatar is the Regimental Crest. As for tabs, I've got a couple . . . but I still want one more.

;)

I'm at the Presidio doing DLI right now.

6. datruth

datruth

much respect to the tip of the sword, pm with some info if possible pcs ing there soon to ft.lewis