Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, first of all, I’d like to say I’ve lurked on this forum for a while but this is my first time posting.

I’m currently building a Glock 19 and will have my blank slide this week from a US supplier I found on eBay. It already has the RMR cut but aside from that is basically a stock looking slide. I have a friend who owns and runs a reputable machine shop who has agreed to help me create a custom slide to my liking. I really like the ZEV and Lone Wolf slides, but for the sake of it being “my own custom” I kind of want to do it how I want it. Now, with that being said, what do I need to know? What should I avoid? I have added a link with pictures of the exact slide I’m receiving along with a few edits of my ideas. The black is a straight through cut while the grey is just an engraving. Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

https://imgur.com/gallery/MQ5aq

·
MacGyver
8,238 Posts
If you have not done it, then I would defer to those who have had alot of experience with it-- and ask yourself what exactly you are trying to achieve with the customization, and whether it is worth the time/cost/risk.

There was a recent thread here where a user had his slide worked by a reputable firm and still suffered a crack in the slide where the cut made the metal too thin, and not radiused to take the impact forces.

Reactions: janice6

·
Gunsmith | Certified Glock Armor
69 Posts
One word of caution, be sure not to remove too much metal over all. Also make sure you have the correct recoil spring weight for the slide weight you are running. Best of luck, looking forward to hearing about the end result!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts