Glock Talk banner

Question about cleaning (not how to clean)

684 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  .50 cal
So I drove up to see my girlfriend and of course brought my G36 with me for the trip. I didn't figure I would go to the range while I was here but I found out I'm gonna have some free time tomorrow by myself, so I figured why not go shoot a couple boxes.

Anyways, I obviously didn't bring my cleaning supplies, so my question is if it's alright to clean my gun after I get back in around 1-1.5 weeks? Or should I just buy a cleaning kit here and clean it? I know it's a Glock and they can take abuse but I just want to make sure I'm not putting my life in danger if god forbid I have to shoot a dirty gun in such a defense scenario. I apologize if this is a stupid question...I'm pretty new to firearms. Thanks in advance.

-Justin
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,084 Posts
So I drove up to see my girlfriend and of course brought my G36 with me for the trip. I didn't figure I would go to the range while I was here but I found out I'm gonna have some free time tomorrow by myself, so I figured why not go shoot a couple boxes.

Anyways, I obviously didn't bring my cleaning supplies, so my question is if it's alright to clean my gun after I get back in around 1-1.5 weeks? Or should I just buy a cleaning kit here and clean it? I know it's a Glock and they can take abuse but I just want to make sure I'm not putting my life in danger if god forbid I have to shoot a dirty gun in such a defense scenario. I apologize if this is a stupid question...I'm pretty new to firearms. Thanks in advance.

-Justin
Some people go months and months without cleaning their Glocks, I think you will be fine..

· Biggest Member
2,539 Posts
I clean mine about every 500-600 rounds. It would take thousands, maybe even ten thousand, to clog a glock up bad enough that it wouldnt fire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.