close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

question about buying a handgun on out of state vacation (FL)

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kf4zra, Jun 26, 2004.

1. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

I have looked in several places and found that you cannot purchase a firearm from a dealer while on vacation from another state in FL. the reason you cant is that you need a state issued ID from FL to buy a gun in FL.

however, i cannot find any laws regarding this from a private seller.

i have a pistol for sale here (FL), and there is someone coming from out of state that is interested in buying it, i want to know is it legal for me to sell it to him?

to me it sounds like it should be ok by looking at this article: http://www.intellistar.net/~flynn/fla-gun.html

but it does not refer to out of state buyers. neither one of us wants to get in any trouble.

2. Playful

Playful

It's not legal!! It's called gun trafficking across state lines. Felony offense.

(B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-state source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the
    purchaser's own state? [Back]

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-state source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's state of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer. [18 U. S. C 922( a)( 3) and (5), 922( b)( 3), 27 CFR 178.29]

3. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

If person not family member you can't do it. BUT you can do some things. First he/she can bring a (signed in ink) ffl card with them, They can look over the gun/test fire it,etc and go with when you ship it to ONLY the address listed on FFL card
    Then when they get back home have to do 4473/etc. Last I looked long arms are OK.
    Now there ares some exceptions. Talk to lawyer about them. :( Sorry I am not up enough to know them.

4. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

thanks guys,

i appreciate the advice. im glad i didnt go through with the transaction. its a shame that it is so easy to break laws without even knowing it. you would think that with so many dang laws on the books, they would make an easy way for law abiding citizens to look them up.

John