Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I just got into this band tonight, they're incredible! I saw them play last year, opening for Judas Priest in Atlanta, thought "They're cool but not my style." Then I saw a video for 'Queen of the Reich' and 'I'm American' on VH1 Classic, thought, "These guys are pretty nice!" I went out a couple days ago and nabbed both Operation: Mindcrime and Operation: Mindcrime 2. I figured, O:M is supposedly their best album, and O:M2 wraps up the story and is recent, and I like to be able to give a band's older and newer stuff their fair shake before making my judgement.

I gave O:M a spin tonight... all I can say is WOW! My mind is REELING with the storyline for hours now, ever since I listened to it, and the music was simply gorgeous and so complex. I can't wait till I spin up the sequel and see how the story turns out (fortunately I won't have to wait 18 years like their fans from the 80s have had to!) And Ronnie James Dio as Dr. X simply cannot possibly be a bad thing :cool:

And I just took a gander, and sure enough, they're playing both O:M and O:M2 back-to-back in concert, and will pop up in Atlanta in August! As soon as I get paid those tickets are mine :supergrin:

I've only been to arena concers before, I've never been to a general admission club gig before... anyone have any tips to not get crushed?

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
"Silent Lucidity" is an awesome song...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in a band a few years back and our manager was a huge Queensryche fan and he ruined them for me. But the are extreemly talented. And have some great music but....

·
pro tinkerer
345 Posts
they are great.. i saw them way back when they were a nobody and open for Kiss on the animalize tour i think.. i also think they are coming on tour here in tampa soon, so if you want to see them, check em out they may be coming to your area.
me i'll pass, but they are good stuff
i like jet city woman

·
Registered
784 Posts
I haven't heard much from them lately. Jet City and Lucidity Kick *****. Empire is good too. They had a great studio mix on those CD's. Awesome guitar work and Bass. They have a damn good singer too.
I still listen to that, It's on My Mp3 cd in my car stereo, along with some Allman Brothers to ZZTop.
Cheap Sunglasses :cool:

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
for a price I'd do about anything except pull the trigger, for that I'd need a pretty good cause

·
Knicker Knotter
4,719 Posts
Originally posted by MarmaladeBoy
Wow, I just got into this band tonight, they're incredible! I saw them play last year, opening for Judas Priest in Atlanta, thought "They're cool but not my style." Then I saw a video for 'Queen of the Reich' and 'I'm American' on VH1 Classic, thought, "These guys are pretty nice!" I went out a couple days ago and nabbed both Operation: Mindcrime and Operation: Mindcrime 2. I figured, O:M is supposedly their best album, and O:M2 wraps up the story and is recent, and I like to be able to give a band's older and newer stuff their fair shake before making my judgement.

I gave O:M a spin tonight... all I can say is WOW! My mind is REELING with the storyline for hours now, ever since I listened to it, and the music was simply gorgeous and so complex. I can't wait till I spin up the sequel and see how the story turns out (fortunately I won't have to wait 18 years like their fans from the 80s have had to!) And Ronnie James Dio as Dr. X simply cannot possibly be a bad thing :cool:

And I just took a gander, and sure enough, they're playing both O:M and O:M2 back-to-back in concert, and will pop up in Atlanta in August! As soon as I get paid those tickets are mine :supergrin:

I've only been to arena concers before, I've never been to a general admission club gig before... anyone have any tips to not get crushed?
Pick up their EP and "The Warning". "The Warning" might take a few listens but it'll grow you. The EP is metal, all the way. With "The Warning" they began to stretch.

Queensryche [EP]

01. Queen Of The Reich
02. Nightrider
03. Blinded
04. The Lady Wore Black
05. Prophecy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Green_Manelishi
Pick up their EP and "The Warning". "The Warning" might take a few listens but it'll grow you. The EP is metal, all the way. With "The Warning" they began to stretch.

Queensryche [EP]

01. Queen Of The Reich
02. Nightrider
03. Blinded
04. The Lady Wore Black
05. Prophecy
There is no escaaaaaaaaaaaaape....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw their concert, Mindcrime and Mindcrime II in their entirety, back-to-back, followed by an encore of classics, of course, last Tuesday in Atlanta. One word...

AMAZING!!!

If you have the slightest interest in the band SEE THEM, they're coming to just about every state of the union on this tour!

They had the live actors portraying the story, with singer Geoff Tate sometimes taking the role of Dr. X, and then taking on the role of Nikki for Mindcrime II, it sounds cheesy but it really brings the story to life. (Geoff throwing open a chest and pulling out and strapping on a tactical vest and all kinds of holsters, guns, and various weapons during the song "Rearrange You" for what he plans to do is frikkin' awesome.) Pamela Moore performs her role as Sister Mary through both albums, and is INSANELY hot even though she's some 50 years old now!

Anyway, now you have my endorsement, and I've barely been listening to these guys for a couple months :supergrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts