close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Q:GSSF why no others ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by noway, Oct 3, 2002.

1. noway

noway

I was trying to talk my friend into going to a GSSF shoot this year. ( he owns no glocks) I was planning on letting him borrow a G21 or another friend was going to offer up his G31. The question he had was , why doesn't other gun mfgs follow GlockUSA and offer GSSF shoots? ( sig, H&K, etc.....)

btw: He is a H&k shooter and shoots darn well.

The second question that came up in our discussion isn't their any GSSF matches outside of USA liek maybe the Americas or Canada?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

GSSF is a USA thing right now, with 27 matches scheduled in the continental USA.

Springfield is having a match for just their polymer pistols this month in CA. If it is a success, they may just continue it. Can't answer for S&W, Sig, H&K or Baretta.

3. Boom Vang

Boom Vang

Because the same 5-10 people would show up at every match for the other guns.
    ;f

4. noway

noway

One thing that might make GSSF more attractive for first time USA shooters is like a "rent to shoot " option. A shooter that's a cross-over to the glock can pick a certain caliber and model and shoot at the GSSF match.

{Because the same 5-10 people would show up at every match for the other guns.]

I bet Canada would have more than 5 to 10 person in any of the big city that would show up at a match hosted at sponser range.(IMHO) Mexico would be a little bit different.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

GSSF Matches have usually about 300 shooters except for Conyers which sports in the neighborhood of 550-600. The number of GSSF shooters at each match just keeps growing.