Python Update...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CajunBass, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

I would like to get a four inch actually.{Python} since other things have been mentioned here.And just to shoot it and enjoy it. Since why take a new old model out of box and dirty it up.Have they started selling the 4 inch. or is it all gun broke hype and pay $ colt-walker-1_8-million.jpg 2 grand for one?

If it is that still. i can wait.

2. OXMYX

OXMYX

So a 20 year old that drank his lunch putting together CNC parts is better than a master gunsmith...just checking.

3. Capttjk

Capttjk

I’ve had my 6” 2020 Python since mid January. 2500 plus rounds through it with no problems at all. It’s an outstanding revolver! I’m planning on buying the 4.25” model when the prices stabilize.

CajunBass, OXMYX and FullClip like this.
  4. OXMYX

OXMYX

Buy it now if you can. This stuff only goes up, never stabilizes.

5. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

I doubt Colt (or any other large company)lets a 20 year old set up the CNC machines and just starts cranking out parts. Especially for a flagship product. Their teething problems were't with poorly fitted parts. If anything, the teething problems were caused by the human element in assembly.
    My Python had serious timing issues, to the extant that it was unsafe to shoot. Lead would fly out the sides of the cylinder and hit my hands. And it was unsafe for people around me. When I sent it back to Colt they said it was within tolerance.

WT likes this.
  6. OXMYX

OXMYX

I didn't say the CNC operator, its the assembler, the lowest form of life in any factory. Assemblers are the young or older drunks who never had any gumption. The CNC operator is from 21 to 35 years old with two years technical training. Then if they're good enough they go to the tooling department for their remaining years.

The gunsmiths are in an entirely different category. The Masters are God and no one shall enter their domain lest a string of obscenities be unleashed.

7. norton

norton

Anything that's new (even though the Python is not a new design, but an updated one) is going to have some teething problems.
    Kudo's to Colt for bringing this great wheel gun back. Only us die hards and hard core guys love revolvers.

Capttjk and FullClip like this.
  8. bac1023

bac1023

It’s completely new Norton.

I wouldn’t call it an update. It’s a totally different gun.

norton likes this.
  9. norton

norton

Brian I guess I was thinking about its styling.

10. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah the styling and appearance is very similar. It looks much more like the old Python than any of Colt’s other revolvers look like their namesake.

Not quite sure what Colt is trying to do these days, but they’re running an odd program to say the least.

11. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

For the consumer market, Colt is executing a "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" approach to marketing and product release. It happens in my industry all the time.

12. bac1023

bac1023

Yes, which is not much strategy at all.

Not really new with Colt over the last couple decades though...

Green Dragoon likes this.