Pyramid trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by m9130, Feb 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. m9130

m9130

Has anyone here tried out the Pyramid trigger in their Glocks? Looking at putting one in my G21 Gen 4 but have no experience with any after market Glock triggers. What trigger do most prefer in there Glocks?

2. Mike-M

Mike-M

If the pistol is intended for service as a weapon, nothing but Glock OEM fire control components is acceptable. If it is intended only for service as a range toy, then almost anything is acceptable. These two spheres of service do not overlap, once aftermarket components are introduced.

3. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

I could have told you you'd get responses like Mike-M's, there will be more. I've never used the trigger you refer to, nor any others for that matter, although the Apex has had me looking. For me, the stock trigger has been fine, although I do change connectors, polish the metal contact points, and if the gun doesn't have one already, smooth the trigger shoe (hate the serrated ones).

Beyond that, there are a multitude of options out there, Zevtech, Apex, Skimmer, Vanek, Vogel, and more I'm sure. Figure out what you're using the firearm for and adjust from there.

4. m9130

m9130

Right. It's mostly a range toy. But, if need be I wouldn't hesitate to carry the full size 21. I have the Glock 4.5lbs connector in it now and lIke it. Just looking for a little more performance out of the trigger.

5. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Might look at the Apex. You can change just the trigger itself, everything else is stock Glock. It reportedly improves the take-up and over travel with improved geometry, and the safety lever is said to be far smoother than stock.....and it's aluminum. Skimmer is more expensive, but uses all Glock parts. Highly polished and I believe the trigger is pinned somehow to change take-up and over travel. A friend at the LGS uses one in his carry 19 and loves it. Neither gives you a lighter trigger necessarily, just smoother/ crisper pull.

Good Luck and good shooting.

6. BrokenRomeo

BrokenRomeo

I can vouch for the Apex flat trigger, I have them in my carry glocks...everything is OEM glock other than the trigger shoe...no issues with carrying it, love it!!
    [​IMG]

m9130, DLL9mm, nursetim and 2 others like this.
  7. DrewBone

DrewBone

Since you asked, "What trigger do most prefer in there Glocks?"

I can't speak for "most [people]" but as far as most of myself, and it's not like I'm cheap, or boring, or anti-establishment, but I prefer the Glock's stock trigger, finding absolutely nothing wrong with it, hence no reason to change it on any of my Glock pistols.

8. Uboofer

Uboofer

I have the Pyramid trigger in my G34 and I like it. It's much better than the factory trigger. The other Glock's I have are factory with .25 cent trigger jobs (G17,19 and 23 CCW guns).

I'm basically new to Glocks having primarily shot 1911s. Was hoping to get closer to a crisp trigger like the 1911 but it wasn't going to happen. After some time I have gotten more used to it. If I do upgrade one of the other Glock's I have I'll probably try a different manufacturer just to try them out.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. sugerwater

sugerwater

Anyone but Pyramid. Trigger shoe is nice but rest of assembly is crap. More importantly, The Glock Store has zero customer service. once they have your money, your screwed if any help is needed. Pyramid is a nock off from Zev. Go with the stock trigger or buy the shoe only. Pyramid is a waste of money. Did I bash Pyramid enough yet? Not really.

10. 125K9

125K9

I usually just use the OEM Glock trigger. Tried to put the trigger from one of my SIG 228's into my G19 once but couldn't quite get it to work. Thought about polishing the internals once too, but after a couple shots of whiskey that urge went by the wayside.

11. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Here's a four trigger comparison that includes the Pyramid:

Aslan and tic-tok-GLOCK like this.
  12. jlw_84

jlw_84 General Glocker

I've been shooting Glocks for 15 years now, I prefer stock triggers with a (-) connector. That said, I think I'll check out an Apex trigger in the future.

13. m9130

m9130

That apex trigger look interesting. Might give it a try in the near future. Also saw the Agency Arms flat trigger out there it's caught my eye as well. Think I'll stay away for the Pyramid trigger and try to stay as O.E.M. as possible. Thanks for everyone's advice and help

Emmett4glock likes this.
  14. 628

I tried the Agency Arms trigger in my 19 and was not at all happy with it. No experience with the Apex or Pyramid triggers. I ended up settling on a GlockKraft (Overwatch Precision) DAT trigger. My experience is limited to the stock trigger setup, the Agency Arms, and the DAT, but of the the three, the DAT was the best for me. I tried each of them with the "." connector, the "-" connector, and a Ghost Edge 3.5. The Agency Arms trigger had the best pull with the "-" connector, and the DAT seems to like the Ghost better. The stock trigger had the best feel to me with the "." connector. Go figure?

I am certainly no expert, and again, have limited experience in the number of triggers I've tried, but the DAT was the best feeling to me overall. The Agency Arms trigger safety was also a bit oversized, and I had to keep my finger low on the trigger shoe, and really concentrate on depressing the safety before starting the pull, or it would hang a little bit on the frame before each pull. I thought about taking a little material off, but didn't really want to take a chance on defeating the safety altogether.

I also installed a 6 lb trigger spring, and a polished, lightweight safety plunger & spring. I am satisfied with the trigger now. YMMV.

15. Cpt.America

Cpt.America

I've heard some pretty mixed reviews on the pyramid trigger. If you're willing to go that expensive for an aftermarket drop-in, just get a ZEV and forget about it.

HOWEVER... I would recommend glockstore's titanium firing pin over zev's. YMMV.

jmorrow45 likes this.
  16. Bigpapacolt

Bigpapacolt

I won a Pyramid trigger and put it in A G30 it works well & I carry with no worries.

Aslan likes this.
  17. ghettoeg6

ghettoeg6

I have pyramid triggers on both my 19 and 43. no issues so far. I love the weight on both. haven't tried the other brands to compare but i am happy with my choices.

Aslan likes this.
  18. jaysails

jaysails

Recently got a 19MOS. I must say, out of all the glocks I have had, this one has the worst trigger of all of them. I've tried and installed a gen 4 OEM smooth face, a gen 3, and did a .25 trigger job, and still not good. I've got a ghost bar ordered, but thinking of just going with a Zev drop in, if the ghost doesn't do it.

19. Gysgt 7291

Gysgt 7291

Would you care to expand with some supporting info? What was your experience? Obviously bad but how?

20. The Chad

The Chad

I had similar issues. The trigger and gun shot well but... had many double fires. Took it to my local gunsmith(has delt with many custom glocks) and he recommended the Apex. Going that direction now. loved the feel for the Pyramid but really unreliable. To Glock stores credit, they are allowing me to return for store credit.