"Where's that big one at?"

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
What the heck? Many snek!

·
Formerly retired EE.
13,505 Posts
I like snakes. They eat vermin and unless you step on them, very few of them are offensive.

I have walked around many a rattler in my life and all they ever wanted to do was find a hole to slither into.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,306 Posts
Mom once chopped a king snake into one inch portions with a garden hoe.

We were cut from the same cloth.

Five gallons of gasoline and a match.

Regards
Happyguy :)

Reactions: ZX14R and FullClip

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
In pa they are considered threatened. You may harvest one per year with a permit.

If you kill one without, big trouble.

We had a pipeline go through some rattlesnake territory and they had to have a rattlesnake biologist on site the whole project to relocate snakes, watch out for worker safety, and restore habitat post construction.

Those dudes should walk away and call fish and game commission. Taking a day, letting them deal with it is a lot cheaper than one of those workers getting bit.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Bought some land outside of Spokane to build my first new house back in '89. Wife and I walking around the pines checking it out. Well this green or gray snek comes slippin' by, thing was maybe 30" long. Dunno what kind. They don't bother me cuz they're not spiders.

Wife is 5' 4" hunner twenny some pounds. Sees snek. Freaks. She picked up this wood fence post and goes nuclear. There were many pieces of snek when she was done.

Poor damn thing.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
In pa they are considered threatened. You may harvest one per year with a permit.

If you kill one without, big trouble.

We had a pipeline go through some rattlesnake territory and they had to have a rattlesnake biologist on site the whole project to relocate snakes, watch out for worker safety, and restore habitat post construction.

Those dudes should walk away and call fish and game commission. Taking a day, letting them deal with it is a lot cheaper than one of those workers getting bit.
I saw a similar job posted on Indeed recently. May have been that position, as I recall it being east of my state.

·
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
29,109 Posts

If I were the camera guy you would see something like this:

Windmill goes up
~ a half second of a bunch of snakes.
Camera/phone hits ground and the sounds of me running like hell and screaming like a little girl.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts