close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Put my first Glock on layaway!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by maclean3, Jan 31, 2007.

1. maclean3

maclean3

Okay, I've been carrying for a couple years now and using a 5" SA Mil-Spec 1911 as a primary. Love the .45acp and the 1911 but after having two lumbar and one cervical spine surgery, the weight and recoil has gotten to be a little too much for me. I figured it was time to switch to a polymer framed 9mm.

I've never had anything against Glocks but having only handled the .45s and 10mm's, they just didn't fit me well at all. Weeeeeeellllll, I went to my friendly neighborhood gunshop just to handle and price a G19 ... HONEST!!! It's now sitting in layaway with my name on it - the thing fits me like it was custom built for my hands! :banana:

They were really low on all their stock from a recent gunshow so the only one he had in stock was a brown one, it looked pretty sweet but I'd planned on getting the std. black model. He came down on the price about $40 bucks so I just HAD to jump on it ... you folks understand, right? :supergrin:

I know I want to put the Tru-Glow TFO nightsites on it as soon as possible but other than that I'm thinking ammo and extra mags are all I'll need (already spoken with Gary Brommeland and Matt Del Fatti about leather for it). I "might" install a Lasermax eventually but that's further down the road.

I also checked out a G26. Way too short for my taste so I'm more than happy with the G19. Just had to tell somebody! Thanks for letting me rant,
    Jack

2. mikepike

mikepike

Congrats, Jack! You won't be sorry! Works great, right out of the box. Add nite sights, maybe the Lasermax, practice some, and you're ready to go. Enjoy, and feel well protected.:thumbsup:

3. EDinFL

EDinFL

The G19 is the perfect carry package in my opinion...have fun.

4. maclean3

maclean3

Thanks guys. I still can't get over how well the G19 fit me and pointed so naturally, guess it's just the large frames that don't work for me.
    Jack