GlockTalk Forum banner

Purchasing a few 10 round mags just in case POLL?

• Yes, be prepared

Votes: 35 23.5%
  • No, no reason to

Votes: 114 76.5%
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
3,537 Posts
So it's OK to shoot someone with a pistol with a 10 round magazine but not OK with one with a higher capacity magazine. I'm confused.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
There's no way anyone could ever achieve gun control in the US. It's too late. So it's just scare tactics. There is no way to repeal 2A. It'll be there forever.
I won't be repealed, but it can be completely gutted. The effect will be the same.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
So it's OK to shoot someone with a pistol with a 10 round magazine but not OK with one with a higher capacity magazine. I'm confused.
In theory, it means you won't be able to shoot as many people as quickly. It is aimed at reducing the number of people killed or injured in mass shootings. Wouldn't work in practice, but that's the theory.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
There's no way anyone could ever achieve gun control in the US. It's too late. So it's just scare tactics. There is no way to repeal 2A. It'll be there forever.
It happened in 1994. Thankfully there was a sunset clause in the bill.

·
1911 lover
10,132 Posts
This is one of the reasons i carry a Shield 45 (loaded w/Federal w/HST`s)
Comes with a 6rd & 7rd (6rd for excellent concealment), i carry 3 extra 7rd mags for back up.
I carry 1911's and also have several 45 acp shields.. so any law change will see me with several loaded magazines.

If buying mags now.. get glock 33 round and normal capacity mags..

·
The Kindly Curmudgeon
3,537 Posts
In theory, it means you won't be able to shoot as many people as quickly. It is aimed at reducing the number of people killed or injured in mass shootings. Wouldn't work in practice, but that's the theory.
But it's still OK to shoot one, or maybe two people?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What will happen is that the Congress will pass laws and the courts will rule based on new interpretations of the 2A. What does Militia mean? Obviously it means the Army (since the government under the Articles of Confederation didn't have a standing army at that time.) Militia then= army now.

So if you're not in the milita/army/NG then you have NO RIGHT to bear arms!

Additionally, judges who do not believe in ORIGINAL INTENT believe the COTUS is a fluid living document which must be interpreted with the times. Since the 1789 US didn't have gangs with 30 rd centerfire rifles, then the 2A must be flexible, and registration/confiscation is perfectly legal under a fluid interpretation.

All of the above is crap, bit it's exactly how liberal Democrat lawmakers and jurists think.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been buying hi-cap mags since covid hit. yeah, the '90s sucked with the 10 rounders. I had stopped buying guns/gun stuff for the last 2-3yrs, that's why I'm low on rounds.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Here in CT, all we can buy are 10 round mags.

I think it might be smart to be buying revolvers and lever guns. If you can find any.

Reactions: Buckshot Barry

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I skipped to the end, so sorry if this reason has been mentioned. If I had none, I would likely buy only a few for early on. That way if the ba####ds won, and hi-cap mags are completely banned, as in a federal penalty for possession, I would have enough for when they are sky high in price while the country gets outfitted.

I have a few from buying a couple of used Glocks. I wish I had a reason to throw them away.

·
Elite Member
6,570 Posts
Uhm... have you been asleep under a rock? It happened in 1936, 1968, 1986, and 1994. Not to mention all the gun control that has passed in individual states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
I’ll buy a shovel and sealed containers for the backyard before I buy restricted capacity mags
Dont trust sealed containers along. Get a Foodsaver and vacuum seal them before you start digging!
This has been a Public Service Announcement from CALT (Citizens Against Lib Cards)

101 - 118 of 118 Posts