close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Purchase Question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by USMC61, Jul 23, 2012.

1. USMC61

USMC61

If you were looking for a new Glock (lets say G21) and could only find the Calif ones (10+1) would you buy it and get the 13+1 mags later?

2. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

I always buy several extra magazines for each of my guns anyway, and a few of these are often ten round variants for range use, so this wouldn't stop me from getting the gun I wanted.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Hmm...I'd go for it, or continue a search for other dealers around who may have exactly what you're looking for. I've learned to get EXACTLY what you want, otherwise there may be some second-guessing or buyer's remorse later on.

G21 is an excellent firearm, and so is the G30. Are you looking for a carry firearm? HD or range pistol? Have you considered a Gen4? The G21 Gen4 is by far my favorite of the Gen4 lineup. However, I will add that the LE trade-in G21 Gen3 with lots of use and wear has been outfitted with a Crimson Trace Rail Master and TruGlo TFO sights and stands watch as my nightstand pistol.

Magazines are $21.95 all day at GT Distributors, unless they have the extended factory floorplates.

Hope that helps you out!

4. USMC61

USMC61

Beanie - Yes I would get the gen4 if it was available. I am kind of out in the sticks and limited where I can buy. The internet place I use I trust but they don't have the 21's (both gen3 & 4) in stock in the 13+1 and it seems it takes them forever to get Glocks in.

5. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

That would keep me from using so much ammo at the range. lol If it's what I wanted, I could always get full-capcity mags later.......so, yes I would.

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

normally I don't even look at the 10 round pistols, but if that's all you have around/near you then might as well go for it. Then order 2-3 regular mags for it.

7. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

If I had been searching for a specific Glock and the only one I could find did not come with high caps...of course I would.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Also yes - I would also get a couple extra 13 round magazines presuming they were legal at where I am.

9. AKRover

AKRover 10MM Fanatic

If the price is right I'd say go for it. High capacity magazines are easy to find and not terribly expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. ignantmike

ignantmike

yes, i say do it.....plus 10 rounds of 45 aint bad either:whistling:

11. michael e

michael e

For a glock yes, Glock mags are 20 bucks on sale all the time. Now if it was a sig or something that was like 40 a mag then no.

12. PCnotPC

PCnotPC

10-round magazines vs. 13-rounders is only a small difference, unlike vs. the 17-round 9mm ones. :cool:

13. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Yeah I'd go for it, since you can always buy more mags.

14. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

If you live in CA it's best to have the legal 10 round mags. As stated above, the high capacity mags are easy to come by if you know where to look. In my area the Gen 4's are about $75 more expensive than the Gen 3's, but you do get an extra mag with the Gen 4.
    Scott

15. DFin

DFin

It depends on how fast you want to take possession of the gun and the price. If you can wait for a week you may want to check with on-line sellers like Bud'sgunshop.com or others to see if they have one in stock for a lower or similar price.