Pull pages out of your history?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Lotiki, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

Hi everyone, Does anyone know how to pull surfed pages from your computers history. Since I have been there the page changed and I reaaaaly need the old one.

It was an argument with an admin on another forum. He knoew he was wrong and deleted threads that were insulting and moronic. I really need a copy of these.

Any help?

2. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR

Your computer doesn't keep an actual copy of a visited page in the history file. The history in most browsers is typically just a URL and a timestamp.

You could go through your Internet Temp files and attempt to piece it together from there but I doubt that you would get much, if anything.

The only way you can really save a web page for a later look see is to save it to your computer at the time as an html document or do a print screen. If it's a dynamic web page, which most are anymore, do a print screen,

Basically your SOL.

3. TheDVDMan

TheDVDMan

Google is a possible solution here; it keeps cached pages for awhile, so it may still have it.

Also, you could try the Internet Way Back Machine:
    http://www.archive.org/index.php

4. Lotiki

Lotiki All that is man

Thanks for your help guys, but another admin on the site was able to recover the deleted threads. That site is now one admin lighter.

Thanks for the help though.