Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have two. One is the larger and the other is I think 32 inches wide. They work ok but fill up fast. The larger one was too heavy when full for me to pull it up and over and dump. The grass tended to get wrap up on the wheel axles and that would stop the brushes from turning. Never figured that one out other than to just clean the axles every so often. Bit of a pain. I was doing it to get grass for mulch and compost. I was pulling it with a 4 wheeler and that is too dang fast. If your wanting grass clippings for mulch and a garden they are good. For leaving a lawn with that manicured look there are better options in my opinion.

·
Spewer of TROOF
9,706 Posts
I’ve used a yard sweeper.

it works ok but you basically have to go over the lawn twice (if you have a side discharge)

my yard has places that aren’t level and it’s kinda crappy there.

if you can dump the clippings right on the property, it works good. A bagger is way better if you have to load it in a truck

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
This is the one I have...
Ohio Steel version
4808CDE0-0602-4A22-B335-28DA628B0594.jpeg
47AE813E-FDE0-4D55-80EC-E67A948C2AF0.jpeg

·
Registered
43,633 Posts
My parents use a yard sweeper. Works good but you have to go over your yard a second time pulling it. And dump that thing many times doing it. Doubles their "mowing time".

ETA: My parents swear by letting the clippings dry up for 24-48 hours before sweeping. Cuts down on the weight and volume by a lot.

Reactions: JLA

·
emeritus
3,884 Posts
Good luck backing up. Depending on the amount, you can pay a professional to clean it up for the next four years or more. You can stand at the window inside sipping coffee.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good luck backing up. Depending on the amount, you can pay a professional to clean it up for the next four years or more. You can stand at the window inside sipping coffee.
That's a horrible thought lol I like cutting grass and working in the garden

·
rip "Bud"
10,470 Posts
Anybody have experience with pull behind yard sweepers? do they work as well as a bagging system on a lawnmower? a bagging system for my old snapper is almost $600! Yard sweepers are a lot cheaper.
Oh, hell no!!!! I've had both. It's a huge waste of money on so many levels.

·
rip "Bud"
10,470 Posts
This is what I do the last four years. Our Husky Bagger/ Mower system is a garage queen.... Except my wife likes to go round and round to vacuum up leaves and pine cones about once a year.

·
NRA Life member
529 Posts
I use this one, from home depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Brinly-...d-Tow-Behind-Lawn-Sweeper-STS-42LXH/205123789

It's the very same one that John Deere paints green and sells for $100.00 more.

I use it for grass clippings, pine straw, and pine cones. It does a fine job but as others have said you have to make a second pass to recut the grass that t stirs up. Fortunately I don't have to sweep the entire yard for clippings, only the thick areas so it doesn't really add much time.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I just cut the grass when it gets tall, let the clippings fly, and where they land is where they stay.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
The Hi-Vac has a special blade and rolled deck.

It is a vacuum cleaner and will suck up everything. Great for leaves and also the first cuts of the year to dethatch and get rid of all of the garbage.

upload_2020-4-18_22-9-49.jpeg

1 - 20 of 36 Posts