Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are a new owner, or any kind of owner of a CZ Scorpion EVO S1 (don't know about the S2), REMOVE YOUR THREAD PROTECTOR on your barrel. Someone suggested I do that on this forum when I first got my Scorpion and I didn't listen/forgot. Fortunately my barrel and gun aren't damaged as far as I can tell but the thread protector came loose, got deformed, and it's now stuck inside the bird cage type factory flash hider. I tried to get it out, it's no use. At this point I'm just ordering a new aftermarket flash hider. I like this gun but it's got so many quirks you've got to address when you first get it, some of those quirks the manufacturer should be addressing.

I'm not sure if all thread protectors are like this but I don't know why CZ bothers putting it on there in the first place. This, the really bad safety design, and the crappy translucent magazines it comes with, are the three things that, well, it shouldn't come with. The good news the gun has a lot of aftermarket support and it is easy to work on yourself. It is easy to just remove the thread protector, easy to install a safety delete/new safety, and the new black CZ gen 2 mags and Magpul magazines are cheap and work really well.

By now they should stop selling the guns with two 20rd translucent magazines and give you two or even just one black gen 2 mag.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
I guess I'm not familiar with the scorpion enough. How does the barrel have a thread protector and flash hider? I only put one thing on my threaded barrels at a time.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for this, I was thinking about getting one soon.
I don't regret buying the gun and if I were you I'd definitely still do it. Just be mindful of those "quirks" and plan on buying a new safety or satety delete along with your gun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'm not familiar with the scorpion enough. How does the barrel have a thread protector and flash hider? I only put one thing on my threaded barrels at a time.
It's double threaded, I guess for two different types of suppressors. The barrel is threaded of course where the FH screws on, and then again as it narrows down inside the FH and that's where that crappy thread protector sits. I don't really know why the threads at the very end of the barrel even need a thread protector since they sit inside the FH anyway.

·
Registered
21,821 Posts
I believe I was the one that warned you as I had just gotten mine and got the same warning from other owners.

Sorry to hear about your thread protector, but at least your barrel wasn't damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts