close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PTT vs. MO

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by s0nny_g17, Mar 19, 2006.

1. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

Pag meron ba MO(mission order) ok na kahit wala PTT?

A friend of mine in the military offered me an MO and I happily accepted it at nakakahiya naman kung tanggihan ko(coz its free of charge)

Whats the difference between an mo and a ptt? Alin kaya mas ok?

2. isuzu

isuzu

You might be dwelling on dangerous territory. Unless you are in a plantilla and you have an appointment from the unit you were attached by the one who issued you the MO, the MO is not valid. A copy of the plantilla with your name included on it and the appointment paper should always accompany the MO.

Just my two cents. :)

3. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

ano po ang plantilla?
    he just gave me a piece of paper signed by their CO with some instructions and infos about my gun. it expires every quarter

4. casmot

casmot Re membered

A plantilla is the authorized strength of an organitzation. Its personnel, their position and qualifications, etc. In the military its known as TE&O (Table of equipment and organization)

If you're not part of the plantilla/TE&O of the unit issuing the MO then its validity is questionable. Furthermore, a MO is issued only for a particular mission and for a specified time period. It is should never be issued in lieu of a PTC or PTT.

If I were you, I will not rely on the MO. I'll get a PTT or PTC. However, I'll accept the MO as an extra document or back-up docs.

5. isuzu

isuzu

Sonny,

I believe Casmot has explained what a plantilla is. Also, an MO is issued only for a particular mission and could be renewed if needed.

It may be safe to say that an MO can be honored by the people under your friend's command or his classmates if ever you get checked. However, if he doesn't have any contact with other branches of the military or LEO agencies, you could end up getting asked a lot of questions.

6. vega

vega

It means, you're a hao shiao and not organic.
    Gumulo lalo?

7. RATRAT

RATRAT

Yung MO pag nag karon ng hassle pwede ka i deny sa court,unlike PTT mahirap ka i deny ng GUNCLUB mo,lalo na kung PTC kasi nowadays GRAVE THREAT ang no.1 reason for being issued a PTC and thats an individual situation..unlike MO sabi nga mg Bro. natin dito its an Organization thing kaya pwede nila sabihin na hindi ka naman talaga kasali sa mission!!
    :) :) :)

----------------------
    "Be afraid of no man,
    No matter what size.
    When trouble threatens, call on me,
    For I shall equalize”– Glock 17

8. s0nny_g17

s0nny_g17

ah ok!
    iniisip ko kasi dati na wag na kumuha ptt at meron naman MO but i guess il renew na lang palagi ung ptt para mas safe
    thanks guys

9. mikol

mikol

or you can go to the nearest MIG(Military Intell Group)in your Region/Area, apply for a membership & attached the license of your firearm & any other required docs.
    They will issue you your MR & MO(1 or 3 months validity depending on the issuing office)then you are good to go anytime and anywhere all over the Phils(???).
    btw, you'll be compensated if you are legally registered as MIG confidential agent but i think you won't bother getting your monthly compensation do you? ;)
    let the boss keep the dough for you 'coz you only want to have a valid MR & MO. ;f ;)

editted to add...you may required to pay a certain amount for the said membership which is a bit higher than you usually pay to you GUN CLUB but much more cheaper than getting a PTCFOR.
    your membership also expires every year same as the Gun Club, but the catch is that no restrictions in your daily carry for the whole year considering you always have with you your valid MR & MO signed by your MIG's regional head/CO.;f

10. Pepe G Boy

Pepe G Boy

Sir, ingat lang. When they issue you a Memorandum Receipt (MR), it may mean that they have issued you that specific firearm registered in the MR.

You might be questioned on the ownership of the FA.

11. mikol

mikol

yup your right pepe, that's why "a friend" of mine ;) don't have the MR but the MO only acompanied by a "reduced" colored photo copy of his FA license(same size of his MO)stash in an over size wallet with transparent face on both sides. and other docs. in his medium size camera case/bag that he usually brings when he leaves his house.
    he only had the 1 month validity type of MO that is automaticaly re-newed every 1st day of the month as long as his "membership" is still valid.;f

about the MR thing and the legality of the ownership of the FA, i think it's really not a big deal(i hope so).
    my late father also used to be an asset in RSU (Regional Security Command)before and had his Danao made polish hardchrome S&W .357 magnum registered in RSU & had been issued MR&MO until he become in-active in service(due to health reasons)didn't encounter any problem during his time.:)

12. MELBU

MELBU Ann2Tero

Yes MO's are for Organic or Government agents only.

13. paltik45

paltik45

I agree with the guys of BOG's. When s#!t hits the fan and blowing at your direction you are basicaly on your own. They aint gonna put their neck on the chopping board just to save a civilian's behind. Lastly if you decided to get into MIG or ISAFP just be careful to go around the country side. You could be a nice "target board" for the NICE PEOPLE AROUND or if you are lucky baka "hiramin" lang nila yung gamit mo;g .

14. mikol

mikol

hi paltik45,
    when you are a "legit" confidential agent of "any military unit" you don't need to worry about your neck. ;)
    just do your "job" well & don't abuse the privilege of having MR/MO. don't engage in any scene without calling a back-up from your unit first. and if the going gets tough, you better be sure of your target & surroundings. ;)
    having a MR/MO is not just a privilege, it also a big responsibility.
    so guys with MR/MO, just stay cool and don't let a piece of paper make you feel untouchables ok. ;)

15. isuzu

isuzu

A Memorandum Receipt or MR is a document for government-owned firearms that are issued to organic members of the AFP or the PNP.

If your gun has a license and is issued an MR, then, things can be troublesome for you. It will have a record in both the FED and the list of properties of the government. If your firearm doesn't have a license and issued an MR, then it can be claimed by the AFP or PNP as a government-issued firearm. They can actually take it away from you. Remember, that when your firearm is issued an MR, they keep a copy of your MR with the details of your firearm in it.

Be very careful with being issued an MO without your name in a plantilla and without an appointment from the organization that issued the MO. Having an MO alone is not valid.

16. mikol

mikol

+1 you will only receive MR along with the MO if your FA is owned by the issuing unit/group you belong to.
    that's why when you apply to be a confidential agent in any military/police unit/group, you have to take not of this;
    "Be very careful with being issued an MO without your name in a plantilla and without an appointment from the organization that issued the MO. Having an MO alone is not valid"
    this is the most important thing to make sure of if you only carry an MO. extra docs from the issuing unit/group should be with you along with your valid FA license & MO.
    stay safe mga brods.