PTT for a shotgun

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, May 1, 2005.

1. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I was informed by Northstar that they have not been able to get me a Permit To Transport (PTT) for my shotgun. I hate to bring that 12 gauge around - even in a car - without a PTT.

You guys with shotguns - do you have PTTs? As I have a senior position in a government corporation I guess I could speak to the security guy there, but I hate to pull strings like our goddam politicians do ...did you shotgun guys have problems going through the normal application procedure for a PTT? Never had problems getting PTTs for my handguns.

2. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

I believe your gun club has to be an accredited "hunting club" too for it to be able to obtain a shotgun PTT for its members.

PB Dionisio was also unable to issue a PTT for my Amrscor shotgun when I asked them to (this was in 2002-2004). However, I believe the Armscor gun club is able to issue these PTTs.

On the other hand, since I'm living in the boondocks and have no idea of what's going on in Metro Manila, I wouldn't know if the PNP FED has issued new, stricter rules on shotgun PTT issuance. If this is the case, then please disregard the above comments.

3. slow

slow

same here and im from way down south of the country. never had a problem before. I was told that we had a new regional director who was strict. orders must have come from higher up. now how can responsible gun owners be safe with their guns if they're not allowed to transport it to the range for practice.

4. vega

vega

Not meaning to flame you but, when we were dealing with my revolver you asked my buddy to bring the revo to Northstar and we told you that we don't have PTT and it was gun ban then becuase of local or national election. You even offered to pay additional P1k which is not worth it we my buddy gets into trouble.

vega

5. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

That was 2 or 3 years ago. You left it up to your buddy as to whether he would bring your revolver into town or not, from Bulacan as I remember. I offered him P1,000 to help cover the cost and trouble of bringing it in from Bulacan to Makati, plus then he would have to drive back. It was a Taurus .38 cal. revolver, not very big, and that was to be a one-time trip. Your buddy decided not to, and I couldn't find the time to go out to Bulacan, so there was no transaction.

As for my shotgun, I did bring it home from the residence of the BOG from whom I bought it. There was no PTT . And I have brought it to the gunrange twice without a PTT. The gunrange was not able to get me a PTT for the shotgun.

I presume your point is that I have been hypocritical in asking your buddy to bring in the revolver, but I myself am not willing to bring my shotgun around in my car. As I said, I have in fact transported the shotgun from the place I bought it, without a PTT, and to the gunrange twice. However, I intend to bring the shotgun around a lot for continuous use - this is not a one-time trip from Bulacan to deliver a gun for sale - so a PTT is necessary.

Ultimately, your friend decided not to make that trip to bring in the Taurus .38, and I did not complain at all about his decision. In fact I tried to get out there but I just couldn't find the time. So no transaction and end of story.

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Guys,

Can we be a little more circumspect when relating possible violations of the law? As for the shotgun PTT --we already know the current climate at PNP-FED.

7. vega

vega

If my memory will serves me right, citizens are only allowed 2 firearms, one short and one long. The long either 22LR or shotgun and to be used for hunting. For the benefit of those not living in RP, there is a legal way to get around the 2 firearm law. Join any legal firing range which will qualify you to get as many firearms you can afford.

Now for the long rifle, you can get PTT if your firing range supports hunting or have competition like Armscor. Northstar maybe owned by Armscor but it doesn't support the cause.

Armscor can get you the required PTT but you need to be a member.
    Hope this helps.

vega

8. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Hi vega,

The 'one short, one long' limitation from the Marcos era (and really, from the U.S. Commonwealth years) is obsolete, supplanted by an Executive Order from when Estrada was President. There is now no limitation at the EO level on how many, or even what caliber (barring LMG's on up to CSW's), firearms can be legally owned.

However, such EO's have only served to define the upper limit allowed to civilians. Actual implementing rules at PNP FED are open to adjustment downwards --witness 2001's severe restriction of the PTCFOR (CCW) program, and the even more recent restrictions on high-powered rifles. Even the requirement of gun club membership in order to purchase handguns with a bore bigger than 9mm has no basis outside of the PNP-FED's own determinations.

Since high-power competitions are now in limbo, securing PTT's for the rifles is likely to be an exercise in frustration. Until the ridiculous talk of a staged/popular coup d'etat dies down, the PNP FED will be increasingly restrictive on long-arms transport permits.

9. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

As you say, the government can restrict gun ownership/use as it sees fit.

I may just get my shotgun PTT through the Security Chief at the government corporation where I work. because hunting club Armscor Marikina is pretty far away. The VPs in my office have government-issued Sigs and Daewoos. (Official purpose of these guns is protection against squatters during property development and road construction activities. In fact we do get shot at.) I will try to sneak my shotgun into that dispensation, why not.

Peace, brothers.

10. vega

vega

You don't need to go to Marikina everytime you want to shoot your shotgun. If you have the extra P2500 to spare, just be a member. Armscor will include Northstar in the PTT.

vega

11. 9MX

9MX Rei!

vega,

I'm not sure if they included Northstar when you where here (as an Armscor member I suppose). I'm a member and I don't recall having Northstar in my PTT. Maybe later this year when it the merger is completed (if it is going to push through)

12. vega

vega

I don't know if they change the law but back there my PTT states, "All accredited firing ranges in the Philippines."

I know that you have 3 options for your PTT. One is the mother club and the other 2 is up to you.

vega