close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

PT sights customer service gets an F

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by belasko, Apr 25, 2003.

1. belasko

belasko

I bought a set of PT night sights a few of months ago from a PT dealer at a local gun showand installed them on a project Glock 19 that I am working on..other than being butt ugly, they worked great and were nice and bright. I didn't like the way they looked on my Glock, but had seen them on 1911 pistols and they make a great looking sight for them, so at the next gun show I bought a set for the new Springfield Loaded that I bought at the same show. I got home, installed them, turned out the lights in my shop, and the front sight was pretty dim...I didnt think Much about it and dismissed it as the color combination probably just made it LOOK dim..A couple of days later I decided to carry the Springfield during a romantic night out with my fiance. While she was at the ATM with MY card getting money, I decided to check the sights....dark car, at the bank parking lot, fiance getting money, front sight didnt glow at all! Nothing! Great time to find that out, huh? Following monday I sent an email to PT, waited a few days and got nothing...sent another, no reply again...sent another and another and another. So after a total of 5 emails going unanswered I decided to call PT, when the lady answered the phone I asked to speak with someone about a problem with a PT product, she didnt know who to send me to..She told me to hold, I heard a click..and then the phone went dead..I am thinking "ok, probably a mistake...one of those phones with too many buttons or something, so I called back..Same thing again! So I called back again and told her to put me on the phone with ANYONE, which she did. The guy I talked to finally got me one the phone with a customer service rep, who was nothing short of rude to me, and told me that the sight was probably broken by me while being installed..no I am no gunsmith but I have put lots of night sights on my pistols and my friends pistols, etc, etc and have never had a problem. SO I asked the guy If he knew how to install the sight on a 1911 pistol, which he replied "no" (and i REALLY am being VERY nice to this guy, even smiling so I didnt sound angry)so I asked him how would I damage the sight and he told me that I probably used a hammer or something and broke the lamp!!!!!! I sort of laughed this off and gave him a very short "no" I asked him about getting a replacement for the sight and he told me that without a reciept I could not get a replacement. When I explained to him that they were bought from a PT dealer at a gun show and I didnt get a reciept..just a thank you and a handshake, he told me that he was sorry, that if everyone who called PT and aksed for a free sight was given that free sight, they would be out of business..Ok, at this time I am more than angry and told him that I would take the sight off of the gun, and mail it to them, could I get a replacement under their warranty...his answer was..no, because I didn not have proof that I was the actual buyer of the sights, and might have gotten the gun secondhand with the sights already installed...So, I told the guy that I would be taking the sight off and I would be sending it back to PT and if they wanted to send me a replacement, fine, if not fine that way also! I sent the sight to them and about three weeks later I got an envelope in the mail with the PT address on it, I could feel something in the envelope..but didnt think they would send me a sight in a plain, white, mailing envelope...but guess what...they did! Just the sight, no letter, no reciept, no packaging, nothing..just a front sight made for a Colt 1911 pistol, which had a few suspicious scratches on it. I installed the sight just long enough to get a set of meprolights for my Springfield and a set of Glock factory night sights for my G19. Now both sets of the PT sights are in my desk drawer....I couldnt believe that the people at PT were that rude and unprofessional, but what can you do in any situation like that? I just know that they will not get any money from me or any of my friends in the future. I will stick with Meprolight and Glock factory from here on out.

2. Veritas

Veritas

Now that sounds like some bad, bad service. It's amazing how some companies stay in biz at all.

I have had great service from Heinie this far. I blew out a front tube (fell compleatly out of the sight), they said just mail it in, or send them the whole slide, and they'd take care of me. They also date stamp their sights and only asked me for the date code, not if I was the original buyer or if I had a reciept.

I have yet to take them up on the offer, but if they handle the actual replacement of the sight like the handled me on the phone I anticipate no problems.

3. belasko

belasko

sounds like you had better experience than I did! If you find a company that takes care of you like that, stick with them

4. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Personally I think PT is going out of business but who knows. With service like that and products like what they got...I can see why if they do. ;I

5. belasko

belasko

I am with you on that

6. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Yeah, that's about as bad as it gets.

Stick with Trijis.