Anybody have extensive experience dealing with this? I am running Outlook 2003 and a while back my e-mail wouldn't open without going through the whole "didn't close properly routine" and even after it went through the minutes long check, I couldn't send or receive or download anything in my e-mails, or print them, or from them. Matter of fact, if my computer was hooked up to the internet, it would lock the computer up. When I tried checking it out off-line, I always got the cycle redundancy message. I did some research and found that it is a common problem that is normally handled by creating a backup of that .pst file and running the scanpst utility, then creating a new pst file, and importing the repaired data. Well, when I tried that, I couldn't create a backup because I would get the cycle redundancy message, so I tried running the tool without creating a backup, and I still got the cycle redundancy message, which caused the tool to fail to fix the problem. It did say to run scandisk and try again, but scandisk says everything is just peachy. Basically, I have run into a catch 22. The best I could do is move that file to an embedded folder and create a new file so that I could start getting my e-mails again. I was just using the webmail function up to that time, but it was about to run out of space, so I had to do something. Most of the stuff I have in the old file is junk, but I did lose all of my contacts, and there are a few receipts I would like to retrieve for on-line purchases I have made in the past.