PSP version 2.0 update

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by funbob, Jul 28, 2005.

1. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

SCE has released the PSP 2.0 update in Japan. While only officially for Japanese PSP's, the update works just fine on North American units. I just installed it and my PSP has suffered no ill effects. The biggest feature is the addition of a web browser! Lots of other cool stuff was added too. Support for more video, audio, and picture formats, themes, wallpaper, and tweaked the text input for the on screen keyboard to name a few. This is a must get for PSP fanatics!

Now I just need someone to come up with a keyboard for this thing and for Sony to add a proper predective text input mode. Also, for someone to come up with a small HDD that can dock to the top so I can leave the mp3 player at home.

Feature list and install instructions here...

http://psp.ign.com/articles/637/637073p1.html

Download link here...

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_03.html

Web Browser review here...

http://psp.ign.com/articles/637/637308p1.html

[​IMG]

2. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

Awesome. I just got done installing it. Thanks for the heads-up.

DW

3. Strider47

Strider47 Captain Chaos

Excellent! I'm going to install it tonight. I see it now supports AAC files. Does that mean I can just drag my iPod library onto the PSP to play music?

Chris

4. BLiTzNicK

BLiTzNicK Silent Member

I've held of on the 2.0 update so that I can play old Genesis/NES games on my 1.50 PSP. I have a homebrew web browser, but it won't display GT. Still, I think I'll just continue to wait.

5. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

It was rumored that SCEA was supposed to release the NA version on or around the 12th, but it is still 1.52 as of tonight. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the modders figure out how to hack 2.0. It might just be my imagination, but I swear things actually run a bit smoother with 2.0 installed. It's particularly noticable in NFS:UR, where you drive through the door of the underground garage for the shortcuts, it doesn't seem to bog down nearly as much now.

6. don51181

don51181

They still do not have a hack for 1.51 I won't update anymore unless I have to. I want to play emulators on my psp.

7. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance