GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Anti-Federalist
18,983 Posts
Nobody is forcing you to go on private property. It's your choice. When people visit my house they abide by my rules. If they don't like them, they don't need to visit.
Individual property rights always trump guest rights.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I feel a park like that is a likely place for a child kidnapping for example... however, if the policy is no guns I might skip the parks...

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
Nobody is forcing you to go on private property. It's your choice. When people visit my house they abide by my rules. If they don't like them, they don't need to visit.
You will find that if someone gets injured you can be successfully sued, depending on what happened and why. Even if they are following your rules. Also you cannot always legally enforce what ever rules you want. You can't post a sign by your door that says that all who enter agree to have sex with you at your discretion, and expect not to be charged with rape if the person you pick doesn't want to have sex with you.

You think things are simple, they are not.

As an example, hotels are public accommodations, and as such don't get to make whatever rules they want. They can't make a rule "no blacks". Sure enough it is private property but they can't make that rule.

So depending on the circumstances "private property" does not mean they can make whatever rule they want.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I no loner go to Disney anything, it about how the company has changed. Back in 1958 my first visit to Disneyland it was truely a magic place.

Walt Disney wanted to make the place affordable for most people, it was that's way. The food coNcessions were priced fair, and I recall the Carnation Kitchen on Main stree. Glass of Milk, and a Bowl of Chil was not only affordable, but great.

Today Disney anything is very pricy, many people just can not swim the admission prices, same food inside Disney is double or triple outside the park. They say it part of the New Disney Experence.

I say BS, Disney is about taking your money, and if you can not get on any ride be casused the parts are over crowed, tough luck.

One of my high school class mate worked for the Mouse 40 years he had a dream job. Got paid well. Today Disney treats their employees terrible. This has been documentated in the News, but Disney does not care.

IMHO Walt would be upset if he saw what has happen to his magic place. No CCW is not the problem, it's all about corporate greed, and not care to keep Disney Magic Kingdom.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
You will find that if someone gets injured you can be successfully sued, depending on what happened and why. Even if they are following your rules. Also you cannot always legally enforce what ever rules you want. You can't post a sign by your door that says that all who enter agree to have sex with you at your discretion, and expect not to be charged with rape if the person you pick doesn't want to have sex with you.

You think things are simple, they are not.

As an example, hotels are public accommodations, and as such don't get to make whatever rules they want. They can't make a rule "no blacks". Sure enough it is private property but they can't make that rule.

So depending on the circumstances "private property" does not mean they can make whatever rule they want.
Great example!
Hotels can make all kinds of rules that police could not enforce on public property. Noise, group size, dress codes at pools, gathering size, etc.
Having my own property gives me freedom I might not have in an apartment and allows me some control over who I allow to visit.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I no loner go to Disney anything, it about how the company has changed. Back in 1958 my first visit to Disneyland it was truely a magic place.

Walt Disney wanted to make the place affordable for most people, it was that's way. The food coNcessions were priced fair, and I recall the Carnation Kitchen on Main stree. Glass of Milk, and a Bowl of Chil was not only affordable, but great ...
I remember those times.

The greed is there because they know they will get that international tourist who is doing the 'bucket list' thing. One time only visitor may get the 5 day pass and drop a lot of cash so their children have that awesome life time experience. :fred:

61 - 68 of 68 Posts