GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
When seconds count, the Disney guards are minutes away.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Caver 60

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Would a .380 do any good against a gator?
Stick it in his ear and pull the trigger a few times. That might get his/her attention.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Would a .380 do any good against a gator?
A 22LR works very well against a gator in those Swamp People TV shows. You just need to know where to put the bullet.

I remember my brother trying to kill a steer that had blackleg. He was using a 44 mag that I had given him. Took him several rounds to do it, because he didn't put the bullet where it needed to go.

On the other hand, I've watched my local butcher drop many a 1,200 pound steer with one 22LR round placed where it needed to go.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Seriously? Cowering with your family as you become statistics is a better option?
And even if you don’t have a gun cowering doesn’t have to be an option. More mass shooters have actually been stopped by unarmed people than armed ones.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
All that top notch security people keep talking about sure took a while to deal with this.

I like to be armed anywhere I go. Large groups of mostly unprepared people who would be an ideal target for a cowardly murderer I really want to be armed. If people want to go along and feel safe with the nice little security checks and the nice security cameras and nice security guards, that's fine. I wasn't trained to respond to best case scenarios.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
What does Trump have to do with this?
He meant the dictionary definition of the word trump. Replace trump with supercede: “park policy does not supercede state law.”

“Take precedence over” would have also worked.

Good story about the exchange student, though. Glad they have such a good setup for finding lost kids (and I imagine they get plenty of practice with it...)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
He meant the dictionary definition of the word trump. Replace trump with supercede: “park policy does not supercede state law.”

“Take precedence over” would have also worked.

Good story about the exchange student, though. Glad they have such a good setup for finding lost kids (and I imagine they get plenty of practice with it...)
I do know what the word "trump" means. I was only joking with him.

·
Registered
34,803 Posts
Has anyone here ever really felt the need to be armed inside a Disney park?
I've been in disney & other parks where gang bangers also go. Yeah, I would like my gun.

·
Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
417 Posts
It's the ultimate "soft target".

·
Crusty Member
10,690 Posts
It's the ultimate "soft target".
For the Orlando area, I actually think Universal/Islands/Citywalk gets that distinction. They have a collection of multilevel parking garages shared between the three attractions (plus Volcano Bay). All direct guests to a single security checkpoint. Pre-covid this resulted in a massive pileup of people in an elevated courtyard waiting to get through airport style security checkpoints. Basically fish in a barrel. Their social distancing version of this has people coming from the garages snake around long paths meant to slow the rate at which people get into the courtyard.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
At the 9/11 museum in NYC I "checked" my pocket knife and then retrieved it as I was leaving the museum. No hassle. In a sane society I could have checked a gun as well but I wouldn't advise trying to do that anywhere in NYC.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
At the 9/11 museum in NYC I "checked" my pocket knife and then retrieved it as I was leaving the museum. No hassle. In a sane society I could have checked a gun as well but I wouldn't advise trying to do that anywhere in NYC.
At Universal Studios in Orlando, I was given a choice taking my knife back to my car, or surrendering it (never to be returned). It was titanium slabbed keychain knife with a less than 1 inch blade. It was terrifying. Or maybe they just liked my knife and figured I would just hand it over and they would take it home. Not a chance, hand made and too expensive to do that. The car was not so far, and since I walked to the security area, I could do it again. Let's just say I wasn't very willing to leave much more money with them that day.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The solution to gun bans at commercial sites is simple. The courts should hold the owner of the property liable for any harm or loss that occurs that might have been prevented or reduced had the victim been allowed to be armed in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction. This is the moral solution as well. If I am told that I cannot provide for my own defense, and the defense of my family, then the owner of the property is accepting that responsibility and should be held liable for any breach of that responsibility. Maybe some pro-gun State will pass such a law and then we can see if the courts uphold it.
Nobody is forcing you to go on private property. It's your choice. When people visit my house they abide by my rules. If they don't like them, they don't need to visit.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts